Reasons Humans Are Doomed

Start here
sparks

Re: Reasons Humans Are Doomed

Post by sparks »

Thanks for the evidences TA!

Is there any way to add an 'ignore' function to this board? Call it "The Island Of Willfully Ignorant Cunts" perhaps? :D
stanky wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 5:38 pm Dude, I was trying to share something interesting.You don't seem interested in that; only in busting my ass.
What concerns me in this, is the exaggerated credibility given to proper procedure, in light of the immense heap of misleading or compromised science reporting. This is especially heinous in the medical and energy fields.

Be thankful i don't share the latest battery or fusion breakthroughs.
Truth has been compromised by profit motive.
Further complicating the situation is the bifurcations we discover about reality itself.

Scientific arrogance is on notice.

Hey,
how about that JWST?
Half the stuff i was taught in college science courses has been proven false.
Yet the teachers were cock-sure and arrogant about it.
Worse in medicine.

Still, i forgive you. You're young.
There is so much wrong with that shit from you stank, I really am not going to waste time on it or you as I promised earlier. Except in response to "Still, I forgive you. You're young." To which I am compelled to respond: Fuck you stank, you patronizing cunt.
stanky

Post by stanky »

Ah, now you know what you sound like.
I think i've been decent with you.
Whereas, there's evidence that you've called me a patronizing son of a bitch and worse.
You've also been quite patronizing. For instance, that "Thanks for playing" stuff.
Is that not true?

Anyway, in case you're still around, here's the article i read:
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-ne ... 180985191/

Sorry i couldn't remember. I read tons of science. Haven't watched a movie in years; only watch science/nature docs.
That's the truth. I also do experiments. And build things. Come see. Bring the cats. Hang out a while in your own private cabin. Use my canoe. Eat some butternut squash we grew. Catch a rainbow. (Trout). It would cost nothing, other than the gas. You could use some serenity. Two weeks is what it takes, imho. I'd even leave you in solitude if you wanted. Or, we could debate things. Maybe you'd teach me about electricity. I could teach stone stuff.

Maybe get stoned.

'cause i can't stand all this divisiveness...over semantics.

(looking at the article again, i'm impressed that my synopsis was spot on. Maybe i'm not senile.)
stanky

Post by stanky »

Admin wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2024 7:00 pm I can settle this argument, and in a complete lack of surprise, stanky is mostly wrong.

Not only are they nowhere near 30 years from mapping a human brain, a mouse will take a decade.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/202 ... uroscience
The human brain is roughly a million times more complex than the fruit fly brain, putting a complete wiring diagram beyond practical reach with today’s technology. It would also require some hefty memory: scientists estimate it would amount to a zettabyte of data, equivalent to all of the world’s internet traffic for a year.
Interesting research but tells us nothing so far.
In the article i read, they said 30 years. I have no horse in that race. Don't even know how i could. I only read it yesterday. Lack of surprise from here too, TA. Also, though i was completely honest, the whole 'estimation of time' thing is hardly hard science fact. So why be shitty about it? Pretty sure we're all wrong about almost everything.
No cause for being a dick about it.

Is this about my love of Putin and Trump and Bobby?
Or my displeasure with Pfizer and Bill Gates?

Jumping to conclusions is not the scientific method.
Sparks, casual conversation doesn't require citation.

I heard the storms will get worse.
Can i prove i heard that?
Or that the storms will get worse?
Or is that fucking ridiculous?

I read something else yesterday. An extinct plant was propagated. I forget the name of it. The botanists were pretty excited about it.

Happy to go, if you like. Maybe a vote? It's not that the insults are so rough, it's that you aren't contributing much of interest.
stanky

Post by stanky »

Ah, I just saw "Willfully Ignorant Cunt" added to my pet names.
Good one, sparky.

So,

The fly brain slicing thing is pretty cool, eh?
sparks

Post by sparks »

Do as you wish about it stank.

I shall be happy, as I said earlier, too simply refrain from responding.

And should you ever learn the difference between casual conversation and making claims, then please let someone know. I'm sure there's a good debate in that and I would not want to miss that.

BTW--Skimmed the article, found no reference to '30 years'. IMHO it's poorly written. Surprised to see it in The Smithsonian.