trump off the CO ballot

Start here
arthwollipot

Re: trump off the CO ballot

Post by arthwollipot »

Admin wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 6:59 pm
grayman wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:19 am Something I just discovered from six years ago - Trump giving a commencement speech:

https://youtu.be/S7GEbe6mYU8?si=_naoDzAiaMnZYQ2u
You have to wonder whether his speech writers were just having a laugh.

The man's a fucking imbecile.
You think he has writers?
If you're not on edge, you're taking up too much space.
sparks

Post by sparks »

You don't?

Evidences please.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

Admin wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 7:00 pm
President Bush wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:05 pmHave a contact in La Paz, she just wrote FL this:
Don’t worry about what is in the news, the cup was a show, everything is normal here, no trouble with tourist what do ever believe me
Life is interesting.
That tends to play into the theory of a set-up.
Yeah, seems to be a widespread perception... this message from a contact outside Bolivia's other big city:
The coverage of the incident was worldwide and it caught especial attention since the military were involved. Even Bolivians wondered for an hour or so what was happening, but then we quickly realized everything was a fuss. The turmoil did not lasted more than a couple hours before everything came back to normal. At the moment everything is business as usual and we suspect it was a show staged by the current government since they are facing an economic crisis

There were no injuries or clashes and the general involved has been arrested. For many Bolivians, It was all fake. I personally think it was a show rather than something real

Regarding safety concerns, I can assure that at the moment everything is business as usual nationwide. Let alone Santa Cruz which is exactly at the other corner of the country, it has been rather quiet
There's a complicated backstory partly laid out here if anybody's interested...

https://www.eldiario.es/internacional/p ... 82016.html
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

sparks wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:39 pm You don't?

Evidences please.
Every word that dribbles from his mouth during his stream-of-consciousness speeches.
If you're not on edge, you're taking up too much space.
sparks

Post by sparks »

arthwollipot wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 12:23 am
sparks wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:39 pm You don't?

Evidences please.
Every word that dribbles from his mouth during his stream-of-consciousness speeches.
...does not constitute evidence.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

President Bush wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 11:25 pm Yeah, seems to be a widespread perception... this message from a contact outside Bolivia's other big city:
Thanks. Curiouser and curiouser.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I gather the debate has been almost unanimously seen as a disaster for Biden.

Betting markets have definitely moved a long way today.

Trump has tightened from $1-70 to $1-57 as Biden drifted from $2-30 to an astonishing $5.

The big mover is Newsom, in from $25 to $7-50.

I've been saying it all along and it looks like the pigeons have come home to roost - Biden cannot win this election.

The Democratic Party needs to move very fucking fast and get Biden to withdraw on health grounds. That will gain a sympathy vote and seeing a younger, dynamic candidate up against Trump will work well.

Either that or face electoral extinction.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

If only President Biden would remove himself from office, say, tomorrow... things would be cool.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

I'm out of the country so I didn't see it.

How bad was it?

I was kind of hoping for 25th amendment level bad, but the headlines don't seem to think it was that bad.
sparks

Post by sparks »

Bad enough to see that Smokin' Joe shouldn't be handling his own matches and smokes without supervision. Mango is going to take this one by default. Joe could always step down, but it's doubtful that's in the cards. Besides, does anyone think Kamala could carry it?