trump off the CO ballot

Start here
Meadmaker

Re: trump off the CO ballot

Post by Meadmaker »

Admin wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:18 pm
Meadmaker wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:35 amIt's mocking. It's nasty. It's totally personal. And I think it will be very effective.
I;m finding it more and more hilarious that the election is being fought between two blokes who I'm 100% certain would pass the test for cognitive decline to the extent they'd get taxpayer-funded care in NZ.
Well, one of those two will be getting taxpayer funded room and board.

Actually, both of them. Presidential pensions are quite generous.

I saw an MSNBC healdine along the lines of "Trump's Cognitive Decline is too Obvious to Ignore". Really? Bless their hearts, they're trying so hard, but "Your guy is just as senile as our guy" is not a winning campaign strategy. To the extent that anyone notices that kind of article, all it will do will be to call attention to Biden's issues.

What's worse, is that if you look back to 2020, Biden's mental faculties were not much of an issue. Some people noted his age, but said he was in great shape. Would anyone say that today? He is obviously much worse off than he was four years ago, and that sort of thing doesn't get better. Four years from not he will be in very, very, bad mental shape. It pains me to say that because I know that I'm not all that much younger than these two clowns. 20 years isn't as long as it used to be, but there's a certain reality to deal with. We are mortal, and modern medicine is better at keeping bodies alive than keeping minds fresh. Joe's is definitely on his way downhill, and Trump is showing the beginnings of decay.

It's rather sad.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Meadmaker wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 9:49 pmIt's rather sad.
I think it's more Theatre of the Absurd than sad.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

Twice this week Biden has forgotten a cabinet secretary's name during an introduction. The clip of him introducing Myorkas was particularly bad. I first heard it as audio from a right wing yapper, and wondered if it had been edited. I saw it on other sources, and it hadn't.

I'll be away during the debate next week, but if it goes like his last few public appearances have, I think we will have our first woman president before November.
stanky

Post by stanky »

that would be interesting.
there would be some lost glory in first female by way of Biden's demise. there'd be an asterix.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

President Bush wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 1:12 am
Meadmaker wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 11:47 pm I would challenge you to show me any modern democracy that doesn't have elements of plutocracy in it.
Bolivia. Its current president Luis Arce is no plutocrat. He has an interesting political history.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luis_Arce

A democracy resisting its wealthy elites faces serious headwinds.

But Bolivia's large indigenous population looks well organized. Women’s and Indigenous rights and respect for the environment, along with raising living standards, education levels, and healthcare coverage for the poor are seen as genuine values now.
Still doesn't look anything like a plutocracy even more :o

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/6/2 ... ial-palace
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

President Bush wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:49 pm Still doesn't look anything like a plutocracy even more :o
Interesting business - I can't recall any other coup where they gave up when the president told them they were naughty boys.

This may be relevant:
As General Zuniga was arrested, Holman explained that the military leader made unverified allegations that this apparent coup was organised by Arce himself to boost his dismal approval ratings.
grayman

Post by grayman »

Something I just discovered from six years ago - Trump giving a commencement speech:

https://youtu.be/S7GEbe6mYU8?si=_naoDzAiaMnZYQ2u
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

Admin wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:14 am
President Bush wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2024 10:49 pm Still doesn't look anything like a plutocracy even more :o
Interesting business - I can't recall any other coup where they gave up when the president told them they were naughty boys.

This may be relevant:
As General Zuniga was arrested, Holman explained that the military leader made unverified allegations that this apparent coup was organised by Arce himself to boost his dismal approval ratings.
I have seen that, too. We are set to fly into La Paz three weeks from this Sunday. Hmmm, what to do?

Have a contact in La Paz, she just wrote FL this:
Don’t worry about what is in the news, the cup was a show, everything is normal here, no trouble with tourist what do ever believe me
Life is interesting.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

grayman wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 10:19 am Something I just discovered from six years ago - Trump giving a commencement speech:

https://youtu.be/S7GEbe6mYU8?si=_naoDzAiaMnZYQ2u
You have to wonder whether his speech writers were just having a laugh.

The man's a fucking imbecile.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

President Bush wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2024 3:05 pmHave a contact in La Paz, she just wrote FL this:
Don’t worry about what is in the news, the cup was a show, everything is normal here, no trouble with tourist what do ever believe me
Life is interesting.
That tends to play into the theory of a set-up.