trump off the CO ballot

Start here
sparks

Re: trump off the CO ballot

Post by sparks »

Only Mango would double down on The Dumbth.

What a useless piece of shit.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

sparks wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 6:26 pm Only Mango would double down on The Dumbth.

What a useless piece of shit.
It used to surprise me when, after having been proved wrong, he refuses to back down, or even to just stop talking. It isn't his style. He figures if he repeats it often enough, it will become true. It's scary that it works with so many people.

ETA: And his running mate is even worse in that regard. Vance can't let anything drop.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

Meadmaker wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 9:07 pmIt used to surprise me when, after having been proved wrong, he refuses to back down, or even to just stop talking. It isn't his style. He figures if he repeats it often enough, it will become true. It's scary that it works with so many people.
He can never be wrong because he doesn't care about being right.
If you're not on edge, you're taking up too much space.
stanky

Post by stanky »

It must be fun to be a flaming narcissist. You can do anything. Grab them by their labia, become president...it's a frightening thing, that confidence alone seems to be enough.
sparks

Post by sparks »

He's in line for a rather rude awakening.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

sparks wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 5:19 am He's in line for a rather rude awakening.
I'm pretty sure that's going to be the case.

Future anthropologists will have a field day when they discover how a fake persona created for a reality TV show led to its star becoming the most-powerful man on the planet for four years.
stanky

Post by stanky »

While thinking about that, it occurred to me, that many past presidents might have been much like Trump; boorish, self-promotional, gluttonous fame beasts...and we wouldn't have known because the technology wasn't there to express it. No tv or social net work; no constant surveillance and recording devices. That stuff sure helps enable narcissism. Two centuries ago, all one had for honing their neurosis was a mirror and a megaphone of paper. Fame of the sort enjoyed by Trump or Swift was not possible yet.
sparks

Post by sparks »

And there you go: The products of science and how they're used is the smoking gun. Not the scientific method itself.

Sorry, just had to get that out there to prevent us going down that rabbit hole again. :)