trump off the CO ballot

Start here
Admin
Site Admin

Re: trump off the CO ballot

Post by Admin »

grayman wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2024 9:38 pm JFC, is there anything this guy won't do for a buck?
Conduct honest business.

That's why I wonder how the fuck rich, successful people can vote for him, but I guess they know he's going to give them money, so they don't give a fuck.

Robert Mercer is the poster-child of that attitude. He wouldn't wipe dogshit off his shoes on Trump in normal times, but when he saw dollar signs, Trump was the Saviour.
grayman

Post by grayman »

No respect whatsoever.

This guy gives zero fucks about anyone or anything.

https://www.kvnf.org/npr-news/2024-08-2 ... s-the-area

Because what better place to do a goofy thumbs up photo op than the grave of service member who died in a war?

What a piece of shit.

sparks

Post by sparks »

And because he is such a piece of shit, he thinks he can just blow off the rules and do whatever he wants. This madness simply has to stop.

To paraphrase Hitchens after this fucker is dead "here's some advice for the grieving family. Give him an enema and you could bury the sonofabitch in a matchbox."
stanky

Post by stanky »

agree...but who was it Hitch was originally referring to? I forget. Some religious nazi like fuck.
sparks

Post by sparks »

Jerry Falwell.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

grayman wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 12:20 am No respect whatsoever.

This guy gives zero fucks about anyone or anything.
That's expected - he has no sense of decorum whatsoever.

The sick part is that his followers don't care.
stanky

Post by stanky »

I've heard that they might care a little. They put up with his cringey aspects because of his other, good stuff.
Can't imagine, but it's the policies, i think, and his being free of the usual constraints.
It's a fantasy, mostly...of safety and security and more money and less illegal brown people.
Trump still believes that he built the wall, though he only managed 53 miles of new wall, which was breached almost immediately with relative ease.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

stanky wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:36 pm I've heard that they might care a little.
Just not enough to act.

I think you have his actual MAGA followers, the ones cheering at the rallies and such, who are just as delusional as he is and those cult members, and I mean that literally, convince themselves that there must be a darned good reason for his disgusting policies. Then, there's a good chunk of people who don't really like Trump and wish he were not such a disgusting and vile individual who would do the sorts of things he does, but they hate liberals. Or maybe they don't care about anything as long as their taxes are kept low.......this year. Sooner or later that debt catches up, but who cares? That's later.

My biggest beef is with the first group. The ones who genuinely like that guy.

Donald Trump should never have won the nomination in 2016. After four years of his disgusting schtick on display, he should have been a pariah. Decent people ought to hate the man, and he should not have won the Republican nomination.

Since he did, I can't be too upset at people who hold their noses and vote for him despite his disgusting nature. I think their priorities are messed up, and they look the other way at some very important things, but I get that some people think taxes are so important that they have to vote for him even though he is an immoral ass.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

When it comes to the Arlington incident, the whole think is, of course, tacky, in a very Trumpish way.

But what really pisses me off about the incident is that not only are they grandstanding in a graveyard, but when a staffer tried to get them to obey the rules, two separate statements were put out, one describing the staffer as despicable, and one saying she was obviously mentally ill.

I hope she sues the pants off of them.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

Meadmaker wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2024 2:44 am
stanky wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 7:36 pm I've heard that they might care a little.
Just not enough to act.

I think you have his actual MAGA followers, the ones cheering at the rallies and such, who are just as delusional as he is and those cult members, and I mean that literally, convince themselves that there must be a darned good reason for his disgusting policies. Then, there's a good chunk of people who don't really like Trump and wish he were not such a disgusting and vile individual who would do the sorts of things he does, but they hate liberals. Or maybe they don't care about anything as long as their taxes are kept low.......this year. Sooner or later that debt catches up, but who cares? That's later.

My biggest beef is with the first group. The ones who genuinely like that guy.
At lunch there was a Boliviano sitting across from us going on and on in English about how much he loves Donald Trump. While acting like a total dick can every so often be a revolutionary act successfully pulling that off requires wit and originality.