Headlines that signal that the story will be misleading and/or stupid

Start here
President Bush

Re: Headlines that signal that the story will be misleading and/or stupid

Post by President Bush »

Time is getting ripe for US to have a couple more major political parties, probably a neoconservative party like the Republicans were before Trump, and a economically progressive party like FDR ran.

To have to be all in for either one or the other with two candidates as shitty as Biden and Trump just increases polarization. Each side represents something deeply frightening to the other side: Democrats voters pretty much can't figure out why the fuck that is, Republicans voters pretty much enjoy the shit out of it.
stanky

Post by stanky »

Admin wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 10:21 am
stanky wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:17 pm both will start a nuclear war if elected.
Much as I'd love you to be right, you won't be. Neither of them will start any wars, far less nuclear ones.
stanky wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 10:17 pmjfk jr doesn't exist, evidently.
Nobody's going to vote for him so he doesn't deserve equal time for guys with a chance of winning, no matter how feeble they are, or maybe you think Kanye should be up there as well.
I think you're mistaken about that. But the point, really, is how the media created this mess. They created Trump with a tv show. Biden, in a laboratory. RFK jr is conspicuously absent not because of lack of popularity. He's simply not allowed. Like Bernie. Voters here are now majority independent, btw. and there's always a great mass of non-voters to arouse. But it's not allowed because it would destroy that which would otherwise report on it's existence positively. dumb trap to be caught in. This one's the worst (election) of them all, so far, in my life.

some fucked up shit...like, it's breaking the fourth wall, showing us the dirty undies, daily. Trump could shoot someone and get away with it. Biden could bomb a village and get away with it.

i'm going apolitical. the propaganda isn't spicy enough to hold me.
my typically progressive vote will have no affect. never has. makes it even more absurd.

doing weird wood carvings instead.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

If you don't vote for Biden, you have by default voted for Trump, even if you never showed up at a polling place.
If you're not on edge, you're taking up too much space.
sparks

Post by sparks »

arthwollipot wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 5:19 am If you don't vote for Biden, you have by default voted for Trump, even if you never showed up at a polling place.
Do not agree with your logic there Arth. Not voting at all sends the message that both candidates suck balls. And in this case, they do.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

sparks wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 5:47 am
arthwollipot wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 5:19 am If you don't vote for Biden, you have by default voted for Trump, even if you never showed up at a polling place.
Do not agree with your logic there Arth. Not voting at all sends the message that both candidates suck balls. And in this case, they do.
Not voting sends no message at all. Nobody counts how many people don't vote. Why should anybody care about what you can't even be bothered saying?
If you're not on edge, you're taking up too much space.
sparks

Post by sparks »

"Nobody counts how many people don't vote. "

What is voter turnout for 1000 please Alex.

"Why should anybody care about what you can't even be bothered saying?"

Not defending my personal position to you. Merely pointing out that your logic is flawed.
stanky

Post by stanky »

definitely a lab leak.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

stanky wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:42 amRFK jr is conspicuously absent not because of lack of popularity. He's simply not allowed.
Bullshit.

Even a guy nobody ever heard of with no party support - Ross Perot - got 19% of the vote.
stanky wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:42 amLike Bernie.
Again, bullshit.

If he hadn't waited until he'd actually been fossilised he might have had a chance. He did bloody well to get as far as he did for a bloke who'd supported the status quo for centuries before deciding it was a bad idea.
stanky wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2024 4:42 amdoing weird wood carvings instead.
Yeah, that'll work.
stanky

Post by stanky »

false.

Bernie was always Bernie.
RFK Jr. could get as many votes as Ross Perot.
You should go fishing.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

stanky wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 3:44 am Bernie was always Bernie.
So, he was always a fuckwit?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernie_Sa ... al_justice

Voting against gun control, and for making possession of cannabis an even greater crime.
stanky wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 3:44 amRFK Jr. could get as many votes as Ross Perot.
Money/mouth. Betting is open.
stanky wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 3:44 amYou should go fishing.
I will be.