Cats

Start here
stanky

Re: Cats

Post by stanky »

The cat was dead. Not killed. The cat goddess saw it as a show of respect,enabling such a symbolic achievement as flight.

(I detest animal cruelty, btw. Didn't see any in that.)
sparks

Post by sparks »

Bullshit stank.

Go back to the bottle and we'll talk again about what the fucking cat goddess felt being strapped to a drone and flown about by a batch of sadistic fucking humans.

Jesus fucking christ stank, you're no better off without booze than you were with it.

Fuck.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

sparks wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:04 pm Bullshit stank.

Go back to the bottle and we'll talk again about what the fucking cat goddess felt being strapped to a drone and flown about by a batch of sadistic fucking humans.

Jesus fucking christ stank, you're no better off without booze than you were with it.

Fuck.
hey sparks... look at it again, like it fucking says right in the middle of the goddamn screen: "artist turned his dead cat Orville into a drone to give him a second life".
stanky

Post by stanky »

sparks wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:04 pm Bullshit stank.

Fuck.
i was trying to add some poetic flair, as though the queen of cats was watching the flight in delight. How do you tell what's an insult and what's very high praise? Sure, it looks kinda disrespectful to cats, but only because of fairly hollow emotions. Far as i can tell, no cat was hurt. I can imagine even that the guy loved his cat and treated it well. That corpse was no longer a cat. Or do you think the cat's sensitive spirit is still alive and is mortified by the travesty? That's not very hard core pragmatic materialist sentiment. It's you being pissy cause you like to. Maybe buzzed? And still, have you ever provided something other than busting my ass? Ever any interesting thing you learned? You're taking an easy path here.
sparks

Post by sparks »

All righty stank, you win.

Playing with dead pets is apparently a new past time that I missed.
stanky

Post by stanky »

I've only done it once, in Washington d.c. and it was frowned upon. was with my daughter, in an alley behind her house. ans it was a rat. not a cat. D.C. has tons of rats. You see dead ones a lot. They get run over. There was one of them; probably a garbage truck, based on how 2 dimensional it was.
Pretty well dried out to, while retaining features of the big rat he was. I figured she wasn't going to want to walk past it for days until it turns to pressed rat dust, some potentially inhaled by famous lawmakers. There was an empty lot adjacent, fenced and no house. overgrown grass and chicken bones was all there was, so i picked up flaty the rat and flung him like a frisbe...and pressed like that, ratso was about the size and weight of a frisbe. And amazingly, it flew nicely; went pretty far. Landed in the weeds. Daughter and the boys were grossed out. I thought i'd done a good deed. I believe it would have gone over well in the hills. But country rats are too smart to get run over.

I have no evidence for any of that and it would be tough to say when it occurred. I'm ok with the assumption that i'm a liar. Seems like a good starting point for examining data spew of all kinds. It's mostly false, as i see it, and getting falser. It's not just words spoken, the deception screams at us in the grocery store, on the cereal box with it's false advertising in bright colors at the kids height. the alluring name will use the rarest ingredients, like "honey" and 'nut". Mother thinks "that sounds healthy" and buys it for kiddo who loves it for ts bright colors and awesome sugar content. It's ghastly expensive swill, but jr loves it, as does the store because of profit margin and long shelf life. win win, plus obesity and diabetes in a package claiming health benefits and the finest ingredients. One of the myriad choices of similar crap was called King Vitamin. Don't know it's status now, but at one time it was 50% sugar by weight. You'll have to google that. It was the sugariest cereal on the market at the time, though many others were close. The lie is that this is a good food for children. nah. it's good for big sugar. and extremely cheap. If you sell a product for $6/ lb, half of which costs less then 30 cents a pound, you can make some real dough. Sugar subsidies and lobbyists make sure this travesty remains, and targeting children and parents, tricked by words like vitamin. As you move through the town, buildings lie; signs lie; radios lie. It's a steady stream. we get use to it until it doesn't register.
sparks

Post by sparks »

OK. So we're being lied to. It's what you do about it that matters. Yes?
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

When I was fifteen I used to ride a girl's bike weekdays past a dead cat in the road between the canning factory where I worked and my stepmother's house, very rural part of Wisconsin. It was definitely a highlight of the day checking to see how much more the thing had decayed from the day before or if maybe it had been run over again, there wasn't much else going on.
sparks

Post by sparks »

Which happens to us all Prez sooner or later.

What's the fucking point?

At least you didn't play sick games with the corpse! :)
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

Now now, we're talking about taxidermy, which regardless of whether you actually like that sort of thing is a far cry from "playing sick games with a corpse".