red-eye to Santiago

Start here
President Bush

Re: red-eye to Santiago

Post by President Bush »

Admin wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 5:09 pm Such a stupid country. They have enormous wealth and terrible poverty. Ruled by a succession of insane cunts and a currency used best as toilet paper.

I blame the Nazis.
soory, hadn´t realized you were a Milei guy.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Christ no - he's possibly the worst thing that could happen now and will be just another of the awful cunts they've had in charge.

I had hopes for CFK when she started, but she never managed to do a great deal and the guys since her have been very average.

Their currency has been shit forever - fuck knows how ordinary people survive there.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

Admin wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 9:25 am Christ no - he's possibly the worst thing that could happen now and will be just another of the awful cunts they've had in charge.

I had hopes for CFK when she started, but she never managed to do a great deal and the guys since her have been very average.

Their currency has been shit forever - fuck knows how ordinary people survive there.
Underground untaxed economy, cheap energy thanks to high gov subsidies, free basic medical care, devotion to soccer, sense of community and the support that goes with that (at least in the north).
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Maybe we should all give that a go - from your travels it seems the people there aren't too discontent.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

I've heard it's pretty cold in Argentina.

In fact, it's bordering on Chile.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I'm just off to figure how to give lifetime bans.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

arthwollipot wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:22 pm I've heard it's pretty cold in Argentina.

In fact, it's bordering on Chile.
Fun with words / the debates...

https://buenosairesherald.com/culture-i ... te-edition

https://buenosairesherald.com/culture-i ... verscrewed
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

President Bush wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 3:53 am
grayman wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:59 pm All good things come to an end.

☹️
Long as our health holds out we plan on bucking that trend. Iḿ 67, FL is 63, now is the time.

Three more gem and mineral shows remain on our schedule this year. We will be in cashing out mode, have a couple other buyers who seem willing to swoop in to pick up whatś left if the price is right.
heh, finished our very last show today. Even sold the display cases and lights, wasn´t hard. One small antler carving of a skull with a beret is now all that remains of a past empire.

thumbnail - 2023-11-12T205451.795.jpeg
thumbnail - 2023-11-12T205451.795.jpeg (92.43 KiB) Viewed 1348 times
grayman

Post by grayman »

President Bush wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:04 am One small antler carving of a skull with a beret is now all that remains of a past empire.
"Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains..."

🙂
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

grayman wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 5:51 am
President Bush wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:04 am One small antler carving of a skull with a beret is now all that remains of a past empire.
"Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains..."

🙂
Thank you, grayman. I am very happy to be retired. Kind of amazed we managed to actually do it.

That quote by Shelly is the title of the eleventh issue of the twelve series Watchmen. I bought them all one by one when that was published back in the 80s, too bad their value never increased much. That´s my next project, though a much smaller one, selling all my hundreds of old underground comic books.