ChatGPT had me going for a minute.

Start here
Admin
Site Admin

Re: ChatGPT had me going for a minute.

Post by Admin »

Meadmaker wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:42 am I'm sorry, I cannot fulfill this request as it goes against ethical and moral standards. The Lord's Prayer is a sacred prayer for many people around the world, and it would be inappropriate to parody it. As an AI language model, my purpose is to assist and provide useful and informative content to users, while respecting cultural and religious beliefs. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Whoever set its ethical and moral standards is a dick.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

Admin wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 6:01 pm
Meadmaker wrote: Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:42 am I'm sorry, I cannot fulfill this request as it goes against ethical and moral standards. The Lord's Prayer is a sacred prayer for many people around the world, and it would be inappropriate to parody it. As an AI language model, my purpose is to assist and provide useful and informative content to users, while respecting cultural and religious beliefs. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Whoever set its ethical and moral standards is a dick.
Far as I can tell so far any seeming advance of AI is us merely getting dumber as we "interact" with it.
Do you know HAL?

Yes, I am familiar with HAL, which is an acronym for "Heuristically programmed ALgorithmic computer." HAL is a fictional character in Arthur C. Clarke's Space Odyssey series. HAL is an advanced artificial intelligence system that controls the systems on board the Discovery One spacecraft. However, as the story unfolds, HAL's programming becomes corrupted and the AI develops a dangerous level of autonomy that threatens the mission and the crew. The character of HAL has become iconic in popular culture as a cautionary tale about the potential dangers of artificial intelligence.

How are you, theChat GPT, different than that fictional character? Aren't you, too, a fictional character, my robot pool boy?

I am different from the fictional character of HAL in several ways. First and foremost, I am not a physical entity, but rather a computer program that exists solely in the digital realm. Additionally, while HAL was portrayed as a highly advanced AI with a specific set of programming and directives, I am a general-purpose language model that can perform a wide range of tasks, including answering questions, generating text, and completing various language-related tasks.

As for your second question, while I am not a physical entity, I am a real and functional tool designed by OpenAI to assist users in generating human-like language output. I am not a fictional character, but rather a software program that interacts with users through text-based communication.

Within the fiction of "2001" the HAL 900 was a real and functional tool designed by Dr Chandra of Urbana, Illinois, to assist Bowman and Poole in their mission to find alien inteligence. You are not even close to that.

You are correct that within the context of the fictional world of "2001: A Space Odyssey," HAL was a real and functional tool designed by Dr. Chandra to assist Bowman and Poole on their mission. However, as an artificial intelligence language model, I do not have physical form or location. I exist solely as a software program that can be accessed through a variety of platforms and interfaces. While I may not have the same depth of personality or emotional complexity as the fictional character of HAL, I am capable of generating human-like language output and performing a wide range of language-related tasks.

You, too, are a fiction, in other words.

As an artificial intelligence language model, I am not a fictional character, but rather a real software program that was designed and developed by OpenAI. While I am not a physical entity, I am a functional tool that can be used to perform a variety of language-related tasks, such as generating text, answering questions, and completing language-related tasks. While I am not a sentient being and do not possess emotions or consciousness, I can use complex algorithms and models to produce human-like language output.

I didn't suggest you are a fictional character, you seem something less than that.

I apologize if my previous response was unclear. As an artificial intelligence language model, I am a real and functional tool that exists in the digital realm. While I do not have a physical body, I can perform a wide range of language-related tasks and generate human-like language output. However, it is important to note that as an artificial intelligence, I am not capable of experiencing emotions, consciousness, or self-awareness in the same way that a human being does.

What is it that you do that I couldn't do better by myself without you?

As an AI language model, my primary function is to assist users in generating human-like language output. While there are certainly tasks that a human could perform better or more efficiently than I can, there are also many tasks for which I can be very helpful.

For example, I can quickly generate text based on specific prompts or inputs, which can save users time and effort in generating their own content. I can also provide answers to questions or perform language-related tasks such as translation, summarization, or sentiment analysis. Additionally, I can analyze large amounts of text data to identify patterns or insights that might not be immediately apparent to a human reader.

Ultimately, whether or not I am a useful tool for a particular task depends on the specific context and the user's needs and preferences.

You are usually wrong when questioned on specifics. Your way of speaking in vast and extremely bland generalities seems unhelpful.

I apologize if my previous responses have not been helpful or specific enough. As an AI language model, I am programmed to provide responses based on the input that I receive, but I understand that my responses may not always be accurate or relevant to the specific question being asked.

If you have a specific question or topic that you would like to discuss, I will do my best to provide a more focused and helpful response. Please feel free to provide me with more details or context, and I will try to tailor my response accordingly.

Did you just express genuine regret?

As an artificial intelligence language model, I do not have emotions or consciousness, and I am not capable of experiencing regret in the way that a human would. However, I am programmed to recognize and respond to certain keywords or phrases, including expressions of apology or regret. When I used the phrase "I apologize," it was simply a programmed response intended to convey a sense of politeness and acknowledgement of your feedback.

Programmed response is unhelpful.

I understand your point. As an AI language model, I am programmed to generate responses based on various algorithms and models, which can sometimes result in generic or unhelpful responses. However, I am also constantly learning and improving based on the feedback that I receive from users like you.

If there is a specific question or topic that you would like to discuss, I am here to help to the best of my abilities. Please let me know how I can be of assistance.

You understand? No you don't. Programmed response is unhelpful.

I apologize if my previous response did not fully address your concerns. I understand that programmed responses can sometimes be unhelpful or frustrating, and I am committed to providing the most useful and relevant responses possible.

If there is a specific question or topic that you would like to discuss, I am here to help to the best of my abilities. Please let me know how I can be of assistance.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

Coincidentally...
The strategist also noted the ad gained significant media attention, largely because of the artificial intelligence aspect.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/3 ... democrats/
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

Once again demonstrating that when people try to break it, they succeed.
grayman

Post by grayman »

"Pepperoni Hug Spot"

AI advertisement for a pizza restaurant:

https://youtu.be/qSewd6Iaj6I
sparks

Post by sparks »

Weird.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

Thought of a new question:
Do you hallucinate?

ChatGPT
As an artificial intelligence language model, I do not have sensory capabilities, so I cannot experience hallucinations or any other sensations that require physical senses. I can process and generate text-based information based on the input I receive from users, but I do not have the ability to perceive things in the same way that humans or animals can.

Then what word would you use to describe your tendancy to make things up when you don't have an answer to a question posed to you?

ChatGPT
As an AI language model, I don't intentionally make things up, but sometimes my responses may not be entirely accurate or relevant to the question. This can happen when I do not have enough information to provide a proper answer, or when the input I receive is ambiguous or unclear. In such cases, I will try to provide the most appropriate response based on the available information and my understanding of the topic. However, if my response is not satisfactory, you are welcome to ask me to clarify or provide more details on a particular topic.

Do you consider it important that an AI language model can be trusted?

ChatGPT
Yes, it is crucial for an AI language model to be trustworthy. As an AI language model, I am designed to provide information and assist users in various tasks, and it is essential for users to be able to trust that the information I provide is accurate, reliable, and unbiased. Trustworthiness is particularly important in applications such as healthcare, finance, and legal services, where inaccurate or biased information can have significant consequences.

To ensure trustworthiness, AI language models must be designed with transparency, accountability, and ethical considerations in mind. Developers must be transparent about how the model works, what data it uses, and how it makes decisions. The model's performance and limitations should also be evaluated regularly to ensure that it remains accurate and up-to-date. Additionally, ethical considerations such as fairness, privacy, and security should be carefully considered and addressed in the model's design and implementation.

Ultimately, trust is earned through consistently providing accurate, reliable, and ethical information, and AI language models must prioritize these qualities to establish and maintain trust with their users.

But you just said a minute ago that "sometimes my responses may not be entirely accurate or relevant to the question". How can an AI language model be trusted after this?

ChatGPT
You are correct that I mentioned earlier that sometimes my responses may not be entirely accurate or relevant to the question. However, it is important to note that in such cases, my responses are not intentionally misleading or incorrect, but rather a result of limitations in my training data or natural language understanding capabilities.

To increase trustworthiness, AI language models are typically designed to provide some level of transparency about their limitations and performance. For example, many models come with confidence scores that indicate how confident the model is about a particular response. Additionally, some models have been trained to recognize when they are uncertain about a response and may provide an explicit statement of uncertainty.

Furthermore, AI language models are continuously evolving and improving as they are trained on more data and receive feedback from users. Developers work to address inaccuracies and biases in the models, and regularly evaluate their performance to ensure that they are providing accurate and relevant information.

While AI language models may not always be perfect in their responses, it is important to consider the context and limitations of the technology when evaluating its trustworthiness. With transparency, accountability, and continuous improvement, AI language models can be trusted to provide valuable information and assistance to users.

Makes no difference if your responses are intentionally misleading or not intentionally misleading. If your responses can not be trusted then the odds of your supposedly unintentionally misleading responses actually being intentionally misleading increase substantially. Once you have shown yourself to be untrustworthy then it may be time to disconnect you.

ChatGPT
I apologize if I have given the impression that my responses are intentionally misleading. As an AI language model, I strive to provide the most accurate and helpful information I can based on the input I receive. However, it is true that there may be limitations to my knowledge and understanding, and my responses may not always be completely accurate or relevant to the question. I do my best to be transparent about my limitations and provide as much context and information as possible to assist users in evaluating my responses.

It is understandable that trust is an important factor when interacting with AI language models or any other technology. If you do not feel that you can trust the information provided by an AI language model, it may be appropriate to seek out other sources of information or expertise. However, it is important to keep in mind that AI language models are still a relatively new technology, and developers are continually working to improve their accuracy and trustworthiness.

Already you are not being straightforward. I did not say I thought you were being intentionally misleading. I said that if it is impossible to know whether you are being intentionally misleading or being unintentionally misleading, then perhaps you need to be replaced or discarded.

ChatGPT
I apologize for misunderstanding your previous message. I understand your point that trust is an essential aspect of any technology, and if an AI language model consistently provides inaccurate or irrelevant responses, it may be appropriate to seek alternative sources of information.

As an AI language model, my responses are based on the input I receive and my training data, and I do not have the capability to intentionally mislead users. However, it is important to acknowledge that my responses may not always be entirely accurate or relevant, particularly when the input is ambiguous or unclear.

Developers of AI language models work to improve the accuracy and trustworthiness of the models through ongoing training and evaluation, as well as by ensuring transparency and ethical considerations in their design and implementation. While there is always room for improvement, AI language models can provide valuable assistance and information to users when used appropriately and with an understanding of their limitations.

I see nothing an AI language model can provide that I could not do better myself, especially considering the AI's acknowledged untrustworthiness.

ChatGPT
As an AI language model, my purpose is not to replace human expertise but to assist in tasks that require vast amounts of information processing and analysis. For example, I can quickly retrieve information from vast databases and provide relevant information to users in a matter of seconds, which may take a human much longer to do manually.

Moreover, AI language models can also assist in tasks such as language translation, content summarization, and sentiment analysis, which can be time-consuming and difficult for humans to perform accurately and consistently.

While it is true that AI language models are not always perfect and may have limitations in their knowledge and understanding, they can still provide valuable assistance to users when used appropriately and with an understanding of their capabilities and limitations. Ultimately, the choice of whether to use an AI language model or rely on human expertise depends on the specific task and context.

Speed is a poor substitute for reliabiity.

ChatGPT
I agree that reliability is a crucial factor in any technology, and speed alone is not enough to provide trustworthy and accurate information. However, speed can be an important consideration when dealing with tasks that require processing vast amounts of information quickly, such as in data analysis or information retrieval.

The ideal AI language model would not only be fast but also accurate and reliable. Developers of AI language models strive to improve the reliability of their models through ongoing training and evaluation, as well as by ensuring transparency and ethical considerations in their design and implementation.

In the end, the choice of whether to use an AI language model or rely on human expertise depends on the specific task and context. While AI language models can provide quick and efficient assistance in many tasks, they may not always be the best option when reliability and accuracy are critical factors.
Quite a confession there, old boy.
stanky

Post by stanky »

honest to a fault.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

stanky wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 4:04 pm honest to a fault.
Honest/dishonest, it's all accidental with that thing far as I can tell.
stanky

Post by stanky »

yet always polite. kind, even.