Sneezin's Greetings.

Start here
Di Wundrin

Sneezin's Greetings.

Post by Di Wundrin »

Ho Ho Ho

New version eh? Back to scratch and good to go? Onya TA. Legendary effort mate.

Dropped by to wish all you 'old' lads a Merry booze up and a traditionally cheerful family squabble season.

I see a (very) white Xmas is more than likely for those living too far North of comfortable. :?

We have a shot at experiencing one too if this cold snap continues.

That would be a novelty, snowing in Oz in December. oh, wait, it has been! :(

Still have the doona in action on the 'Banana coast' so extropaolation bids me hope you have at least 3 each up there. ... and that the windmill and panel supported 'cheap' electrical power supply holds up. heh heh.

You'll be fine, just ask Europe. 8-)

Blizzards can't effect wind turbines and snow doesn't bury solar panels. They'd have figured all that out. Wouldn't they?
I mean, Joe wouldn't have let them do anything stupid with the energy grid would he? nah, couldn't happen.

Anyway, you can join the Climaniacs in government down here, and the heat wave obsessed media in praying to Santa for a nice hot Xmas Day.
That'd be nice.
They're all gonna be on serious stress meds if we don't get some "unprecedented record" high temps soonish.

Bring on Global Warming fer chrissakes, I'm freezin' down here! :cry:

Uh oh, dammit, thought I had these urges to wreck the dream with reality based comments under a modicum of control.
Sorry, have more work to do on it. :oops: siiiiiigh

Seriously though ... all the very best to all of you for the 'season'.

Stay healthy, stay WARM, still luv ya Stanky, will touch base now and then when you all look to be in need of a 'stir'. ..or not depending on my level of masochism on the day. :? ;) 8-)

Di.

...omg..did I just hear bloody sleighbells?? hope it's just hail and not snow.... heh heh
President Bush

Re: Sneezin's Greetings.

Post by President Bush »

Di Wundrin wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:07 pm ...omg..did I just hear bloody sleighbells?? hope it's just hail and not snow.... heh heh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plaNyzbGYd4
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Di Wundrin wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:07 pmAnyway, you can join the Climaniacs in government down here, and the heat wave obsessed media in praying to Santa for a nice hot Xmas Day.
Funnily enough, you'll get that wish, with 40+ and heatwave conditions forecast starting tomorrow.

Nice to see you!
grayman

Post by grayman »

Merry Seasonal Holiday Salutations Di!

Weather here at the moment is a rainy 50F/10C, with the temperature dropping to 19F/minus 7.2C on Saturday after the rain stops.

Should make for an interesting commute. Probably should get a Zamboni.

Di Wundrin

Post by Di Wundrin »

Admin wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 2:33 am
Di Wundrin wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 11:07 pmAnyway, you can join the Climaniacs in government down here, and the heat wave obsessed media in praying to Santa for a nice hot Xmas Day.
Funnily enough, you'll get that wish, with 40+ and heatwave conditions forecast starting tomorrow.

Nice to see you!
Bring it on!!

Call me old fashioned but I can't get xmassy unless it's stinkin' hot. Hot house flower.

It looks like autumn in Leeds here at the moment, dreary overcast and raining. But it's staggered up to 25C and that's about thaw out temp on my scale. Cold breeze though. e
That sea breeze is well worth the 'rent' when it's normal summer, but it's a bastard when the temps are down.

Tks Al and Grayman, good to see you're all still up and running, as is the Old Farts forum, we just don't travel as fast.

That thing looks as big as the locos Grayman, don't take your work home with you. 8-)

Things are getting back to normal in Frankston I see, alls well, Merry Xmas Santa

https://www.9news.com.au/national/man-d ... 6d54d12a38 :shock: :?
grayman

Post by grayman »

Di Wundrin

Post by Di Wundrin »

Is California all that much warmer this year though? How's Florida doing?
Normally Queenslanders are chuckling at we "Mexicans" shivering south of their border but karma has struck them too.

Neighbours are just back from Cairns and it's coolish up there too. The cyber mate in Gympie still has his doona handy and the Brissy people are moaning. The other day it was mentioned that it was snowing in the UK and Australia at the same time. How comforting. not. :(

I was 'lucky' enough to be in Tully on the only occasion in living memory that they ever had a frost there, back in the 70s early 80s cant recall now.
The locals were in a state of shock.

Hope Stanky and the rest will find their way in, missed the chats, will try and stay out of trouble over Xrissy anyway.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Stanky emailed me today, so he'll be along shortly.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

twenty years ago today 12/24/02
675516b5b237545a.jpg
675516b5b237545a.jpg (74.64 KiB) Viewed 1311 times
Di Wundrin

Post by Di Wundrin »

And they said it wouldn't last.