Mad, Bad, and Sad: Global

Start here
Di Wundrin

Mad, Bad, and Sad: Global

Post by Di Wundrin »

Gotta take a moment of gratitude for not being in Turkey or Syria right now. :o :shock:

That was one hell of an earthquake!
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Mad, Bad, and Sad: Global

Post by Admin »

Fuck yes. A lot of dead people, and I see Turkey appealing for help.

I'd be keen to help, on the stipulation Erdogan stops being a cunt and they stop bombing Kurdish villages. And stay the fuck out of Greece's face.
Di Wundrin

Post by Di Wundrin »

Or retires quietly and permanently!

I heard Israel has offered assistance to Syria, that's going to smart in a few circles.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

No irony there. It'll be a contest as to which killed more people, Israeli bombs or the earthquake.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

And just on the mad news globally, don't fuck with cows: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/m ... d-29148810

Protip for walkers - stay out of people's private property.
Di Wundrin

Post by Di Wundrin »

My money would be on the dog stirring them up and her trying to 'rescue' it. Darwinism.

Just can't love cows. I can admire a nice meaty Ab Angus but just can't raise the urge to cuddle one.

The most surprising thing about them that I found when an uncle had started running Xherefords was their total inability to resist curiosity.

They'll run half a K just to look at you. Then when you look back they spook and act all silly as though it's you moving in on them. stupid as sheep.

We went out to test a new rifle sight he'd bought, there was nice shallow dip in his land long enough for a target shoot and no way for stray bullets to get out. '

We got 2 or 3 shots off before the entire herd poured over the rise and came down to see what we were doing. End of session. :lol:
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Cows are cool. They have a clearly defined social structure and are smart as hell.

My favourite beast ever is a friesian/angus cross I hand-reared 40 years ago. She used to follow me like a dog and had lots of cuddles. Hated the farm cat for some reason I could never fathom.

Her name was Roast Beef, and at 18 months, she was fucking delicious.
sparks

Post by sparks »

Admin wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:31 pm Cows are cool. They have a clearly defined social structure and are smart as hell.

My favourite beast ever is a friesian/angus cross I hand-reared 40 years ago. She used to follow me like a dog and had lots of cuddles. Hated the farm cat for some reason I could never fathom.

Her name was Roast Beef, and at 18 months, she was fucking delicious.
Used to raise Black Angus myself: Names included Barney T. Bone and Rump Roast, among others. Grass fed and grain finished. Best beef you can imagine!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Nice! Angus is as good as it gets.

Mine was a milking heifer's calf, hence the 50/50 lineage.
Di Wundrin

Post by Di Wundrin »

Ah geeze now you blokes are making look a bad person for not liking cows, at least while they're vertical.

I'm okay with little poddy calves if that's a mitigating factor? except when they stomped on my feet when feeding them. :o