Mad, Bad, and Sad: Global

Start here
stanky

Re: Mad, Bad, and Sad: Global

Post by stanky »

Admin wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:03 am Yeah, I don't think I'll shed any tears for the demise of genital crabs.

Not that they'll disappear, anyway. I'm sure they're as rife as ever in the 3rd world.
I've heard otherwise. Crab lice are now an endangered species.

side note:

Christ, i was just reading up on the subject and I'm shocked to hear the stats on pubic hair removal.
Evidently, some 80% of modern young adults are shaving their crotches!
Wow. In all my encounters, I've only seen one shaved pussy. I didn't like it. Seemed wrong somehow.
I'm so old fashioned, i should be in a museum.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

Admin wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:24 amFuck yes. A lot of dead people, and I see Turkey appealing for help.

I'd be keen to help, on the stipulation Erdogan stops being a cunt and they stop bombing Kurdish villages. And stay the fuck out of Greece's face.
I do not agree with imposing conditions on the provision of humanitarian aid. Help people first, and politics can come later.
grayman

Post by grayman »

arthwollipot wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:59 pm
Admin wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:24 amFuck yes. A lot of dead people, and I see Turkey appealing for help.

I'd be keen to help, on the stipulation Erdogan stops being a cunt and they stop bombing Kurdish villages. And stay the fuck out of Greece's face.
I do not agree with imposing conditions on the provision of humanitarian aid. Help people first, and politics can come later.
I saw that the Pope is offering prayers for the victims.

Too bad he can't spend some of the church's billion$ on helping the needy...
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

grayman wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 2:21 am
arthwollipot wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:59 pm

I saw that the Pope is offering prayers for the victims.

Too bad he can't spend some of the church's billion$ on helping the needy...
He is.

Well, indirectly, through the Catholic Church's aid charity, Caritas. Salvation on faith alone is a Protestant ideal. Catholics are and always have been about faith and charity.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

arthwollipot wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:59 pm I do not agree with imposing conditions on the provision of humanitarian aid. Help people first, and politics can come later.
Probably right - I'd never not help the kids.

Al-Assad is letting aid through.

So he can return to bombing them when the aid stops.
grayman

Post by grayman »

arthwollipot wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:22 am
He is.

Well, indirectly, through the Catholic Church's aid charity, Caritas. Salvation on faith alone is a Protestant ideal. Catholics are and always have been about faith and charity.
I stand corrected.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

grayman wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 12:03 pm
arthwollipot wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:22 am
He is.

I stand corrected.
I spent five years working in the international aid industry. There are a lot of misconceptions. Caritas is one of the biggest aid providers on the planet. Not a lot of people outside the Catholic Church know about it.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Mr Erdogan has a little explaining to do: https://www.npr.org/2023/02/13/11565122 ... ing-safety
Di Wundrin

Post by Di Wundrin »

Hey Grayman! How's that chemical train wreck in Ohio going?

Saw some footage of it on the News and I'd bet real estate is gonna be cheap in that town .. East Palestine? from memory, funny town names over there.

But boy, I had one of those 'glad I'm retired' moments when I saw the mess. Heard "suspected hot box" and it brought back the memories of the accident report paperwork.

Any expert opinion on the cause?? Some one wasn't very alert, the report and footage showed sparks flying out from the bogies before the crunch.
grayman

Post by grayman »

Di Wundrin wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:52 am Hey Grayman! How's that chemical train wreck in Ohio going?

Saw some footage of it on the News and I'd bet real estate is gonna be cheap in that town .. East Palestine? from memory, funny town names over there.

But boy, I had one of those 'glad I'm retired' moments when I saw the mess. Heard "suspected hot box" and it brought back the memories of the accident report paperwork.

Any expert opinion on the cause?? Some one wasn't very alert, the report and footage showed sparks flying out from the bogies before the crunch.
Profit over safety:

https://www.levernews.com/rail-companie ... erailment/