Aussie v NZ

Start here
Di Wundrin

Re: Aussie v NZ

Post by Di Wundrin »

Meanwhile, in N.Z.

6.1 earthquake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8UnO1yUktQ

They must be doin' something wrong over there. :?

TA?? still with us mate?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Gotta give credit to our new PM - he was asked about the earthquake and said he was hiding behind the curtains looking for a plague of locusts.

No damage from the 'quake - it was too deep to be much of a problem.

Conspiracists' brains are asploding all over the place. Safest way to avoid them is stand near a cellphone tower.
Di Wundrin

Post by Di Wundrin »

:D Good answer! But don't laugh yet, you may get the one big plague we missed out on!

We had drought, fires, floods,cyclones,an incredible mouse plague, then the 'Rona outbreak looming all in one year. The only thing we missed was the locusts and it was prime conditions for them to swarm after the drought.

They've got to be still there, waiting .... :D

Your new bloke seems to be trying to tidy up some of Cindy's bigger brainfarts??
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Di Wundrin wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:07 am Your new bloke seems to be trying to tidy up some of Cindy's bigger brainfarts??
Yeah, he's seen which way the wind's blowing and realised having policies that disenfranchise 90% of voters isn't good politics.
Di Wundrin

Post by Di Wundrin »

Admin wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 9:49 am
Di Wundrin wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:07 am Your new bloke seems to be trying to tidy up some of Cindy's bigger brainfarts??
Yeah, he's seen which way the wind's blowing and realised having policies that disenfranchise 90% of voters isn't good politics.
Well if you get a minute tomorrow could you ask him to have a word with Albo about that, because he's still channelling Cindy and running us over a bloody cliff! He keeps bleating, "we have a mandate..." when Labor only pulled 33% of the vote and bloody Greens preferences put them in.

I think you'd have a fair idea of how hearing him squeaking that, is burring up the 66% who didn't vote for the flea at all! Especially as the policies he's claiming to have a mandate on are GREENS policies that he has to pass to keep hanging on to power. The worst possible outcome. A dopey PM blackmailed by the lunatic Greens. bugga.

sorry, just have to vent regularly in case I turn into a reliigous nazi and do something headline worthy. aaarrrrgh.

hark! is that Arty I hear galloping in? :D
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Di Wundrin wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:35 amA dopey PM blackmailed by the lunatic Greens. bugga.
They are the worst possible coalition partner, and thankfully they're not part of this government.

Sadly, they will be if Labour gets in again this year.

They're fucking morons and liars. And that's their good points!
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

Di Wundrin wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:35 amhark! is that Arty I hear galloping in? :D
Fear not! I have arrived to bring help to the helpless, faith to the faithless, hope to the hopeless, er... gorm to the gormless?
Di Wundrin

Post by Di Wundrin »

Thanks Art, I'm on a faith free diet and, I'm a bit suss about that 'gorm' could be a sneaky rename of tofu, :? so I'll pass on them and take some of that help, with a side order of hope, and will have fries with that. :D

You're in Bubbleburg, so is Bandt seen around much on an "end is nigh" soap box in the big roundabouts often? Or does he just rant lunacy for the cameras??
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

Di Wundrin wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:35 amYou're in Bubbleburg, so is Bandt seen around much on an "end is nigh" soap box in the big roundabouts often? Or does he just rant lunacy for the cameras??
He's not exactly a local, so we only really hear from him when he's in town or when he's on a soapbox. That said I am an unrepentant and open Greens voter (there are a couple of specific policy issues I disagree with) so for the most part he tends to sound fairly reasonable to me.
Di Wundrin

Post by Di Wundrin »

Makes sense to you to ban all fossil fuel development and eventually all exports of same? Illuminate me. How the hell is that not going to turn this Country into Venezuela??

Why would you want it to do that?? What's in it for you to reduce a pretty good lifestyle to miserable?
I'm just fascinated by what makes people vote the way do, there are some perfectly good reasons, sometimes, but it intrigues me how two people can see the same set of data and come to two totally different assessments of it.

I know I'll just get myself into trouble again, but I genuinely can't get enough of 'what makes voters tick'.
That said, I hardly know why I vote as I do sometimes, I have no hard 'ology' and none of the Parties offer more than a few agreeable policies. Maybe that's why the subject interests me so much. Why do others become so convinced that they have the solutions nailed while I just see the gaping holes in their grand plans?
I'm a nit picker, cynic, pragmatist with no 'loyalty' to any particular ideology, but with a few serious misgivings/hates about some aspects of most 'ologies.
The Greens are way out in front of my wtf are they thinking list so this is too good an opportunity to miss.
Most Green voters I get to converse with are 'bambi blinded' and think the Greens are still into whale hugging and 'Greenpeace enviromnentalism' or they accuse me of killing the planet or something naff.

I normally vote for the Nats because .. rural region and they do best for the people who still make a living off the land.
I'm a townie in an aged care villa, so their income benefits me as they spend in the town and keep the shops open. By extension I vote 'on their behalf' because in a roundabout way that benefits me too.
The greatest threat to their income are the Greens who impose stupidly restrictive rules on properties that have been well run for generations without their interference.
Sorry Art, but around here the Greens ARE the locust plague. :shock: They move up here to kinder climes, bring their City misunderstanding with them, then vote against the best interest of their neighbours! And wonder why people don't like 'em all that much.

It's not as you may suspect that farmers hate environmentalists. As I said, those farms are their living, they're hardly 'vandalising' them! You may have no idea how much it costs them in time effort and money to keep noxious weeds down without poisoning the farm! They've been doing it for generations, they don't need to 'told' to do it.

But it's stupid rules that cost them money time, and worry that are the bugbear. Silly things like dam sizes and placement when it's obvious where the bloody things have to be and no serious farmer wants a good paddock wasted by a dam bigger than he needs.

Or stopping them clearing scrap saplings out of previously cleared land. Ridiculous to allow prime pasture land, perhaps left unstocked for 2 years during divorce settlement stuff ups or whatever, go back to forest through no fault of the owner.
The farm I'm using as example was surrounded on 3 sides by old growth State Forest stretching over 30kms in some directions, yet he wasn't permitted to rip a couple of 2 year old saplings out of a prize grazing paddock, that cattle would have munched as seedlings anyway, without attending 'enviro' seminars and a mountain of paperwork? Where is the common sense factor in that?

To add a fun fact into it, he's also a bee keeper and knows the latin name of every damned tree that grows around here. He kept asking the "environmentalists expert" bloke running the seminar 'instructing' them on the value of trees about certain ones by their official names and making him look it up. bwaahahaha.

... anyway just outlining my thinking a bit. Might explain the arched backs the Greens encounter from rural people.
I'm a country Nat interested in what makes a city Green tick when they vote on, based on their vast agricultural knowledge gleaned from keeping a 'pot' plant alive on a windowsill, how farmers should run their business. :roll: