Planet America

Start here
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Planet America

Post by Admin »

That cartoon contains an error.

There are no parts of a woman's body conservatives don't own.

The Handmaid's Tale isn't actually fiction, but a guide.
grayman

Post by grayman »

Today's shooting is in Louisville, Kentucky:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/10/us/louis ... y-incident
Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear said in a tweet he was headed to the scene of the shooting. “Please pray for all of the families impacted and for the city of Louisville,”
Prayers instead of common-sense gun laws; every fucking time.
sparks

Post by sparks »

As previously noted all involved excepting the victims of course, are a boat load of idiots.
stanky

Post by stanky »

Beshear is a decent guy. The repubs hate him. He knew some of the victims. One, a friend, was in the hospital at the time. It sux.
grayman

Post by grayman »

100 Days.

146 Mass Shootings.

stanky

Post by stanky »

Yeah, there's been 15 since the kids in Nashville got killed. It's what we do. Guns.
grayman

Post by grayman »

stanky wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:06 pm Yeah, there's been 15 since the kids in Nashville got killed. It's what we do. Guns.
I saw this written somewhere: "What's more important: Your 2nd Amendment or your 2nd graders?".
sparks

Post by sparks »

Good one. I'll have to drop that one on some conservatives just so I can collect lame responses.

Should be amusing and provide something of a litmus on the state of the national IQ.
grayman

Post by grayman »

This country does have some things going for it that I do admire, such as our library system.

However, not content with trying to ban books, Republicans take it to another level:

https://crooksandliars.com/2023/04/miss ... um=twitter
stanky

Post by stanky »

Yikes! That sucks.
Not overly surprised, though. The internet has made libraries somewhat obsolete. I rarely go to ours anymore...except to give them the books I read that friends give to me. The crowd they cater to is more focused on romance novels. That and kids using their computers. The place is mostly empty.
I love the idea of the library more than the present day reality. Most of the traffic there is for movies now. Shitty ones at that.