Planet America

Start here
arthwollipot

Re: Planet America

Post by arthwollipot »

grayman wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 11:36 am
Admin wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:46 am Poor little bastard who took the gun will now end up traumatised by the reaction of the cops, parents and other kids.

Can we take the parents out and tie them to an ants' nest for a few days?
I will guarantee you that somewhere out there is at least one person, likely more, saying, "This is why I made sure my kids were properly trained to handle a weapon".
If such a thing were actually true, it might be okay.

What actually seems to happen though is that kids are taught to treat weapons as nothing special, as though they aren't deadly implements that could kill with a wrongly-timed twitch of a finger. Like their other toys, no more special than a GI Joe.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

Mr. President didn't look so good in Hanoi today.

Jet lag's a bitch, I suppose.

ETA: I watched some of the conference, not just the worst moments, cherry-picked to seem as bad as possible. The rest of it still showed a guy struggling to think. Can this guy do the job today? Probably. Not perfectly, but not yet 25th amendent time, either.

But four years from now? I don't think he has a chance in hell of being capable. He should step aside.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Meadmaker wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:53 amHe should step aside.
Not possible now.

As always, the Dems have squandered the chance and they're stuck with Biden. The only reason he'll probably win is because the orange toad will be the opponent and there aren't enough MAGAs to vote him in.

I can definitely see President Harris taking over in the next term, and that should seal the Dems' fate for a couple of decades.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

happy 9/11 everybody.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

Admin wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 10:07 am
Meadmaker wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 3:53 amHe should step aside.
Not possible now.

As always, the Dems have squandered the chance and they're stuck with Biden. The only reason he'll probably win is because the orange toad will be the opponent and there aren't enough MAGAs to vote him in.

I can definitely see President Harris taking over in the next term, and that should seal the Dems' fate for a couple of decades.
Our system is so messed up. It is 11 months before the nominating convention, and 14 months before the election, and there's not enough time for a candidate to get in. It's totally messed up.

Looking at the mood of the country, I don't know if Biden can beat The Evil One, That's sad, but I see an awful lot of people who aren't MAGA types, but are totally disgusted be either Biden's impending senility, or "wokeness". I'm afraid that they might decide Trump is the lesser of two evils.

I think of Trump as being a Moussolini type. Far. far worse than incompetent, but I'm not sure 51% of Americans, plus or minus some electoral college math, will agree,
stanky

Post by stanky »

The forces at play regarding America's election show, unless they are pure happenstance, is likely a conscious conspiracy of united corporate powers.
The inevitable scenario we're presented (Biden v Trump) is comical in that we're told that we don't really want them. Polls show that something political is happening that doesn't reflect the will of the people. My hunch is that neither will end up as president. And that it barely matters who will.

If it wasn't a charade, would it be this ridiculous? This is drama for the people, complete with absurdly exaggerated characters. Keeps us watching and maintaining adequate fear and loathing that we've nothing left for fomenting revolution.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Meadmaker wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:56 pmOur system is so messed up. It is 11 months before the nominating convention, and 14 months before the election, and there's not enough time for a candidate to get in. It's totally messed up.
Americans should look to other countries.

NZ Labour changed leader mere weeks before the 2017 election and turned a massive deficit into a win and other countries have traded unpopular politicians for winners less than a year out.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

I think Kamala could beat the Evil One, but only if they take the plunge and go all-in right now. Carpe diem, motherfuckers.
stanky

Post by stanky »

Kamala is reviled in America.
Strange, i've never heard anything good about her.
The cackling word salads she offers make her more frightening than the usual politician.
Trump would crush her.
The DNC is being exposed lately, more than usual. It's bleeding support at a high rate.
Keep in mind that in the U.S. the no-vote people are the majority.

(i wonder how it would be if we had Aussie mandatory voting? Does the apathetic masses have a political bias as a whole?)
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

What I don't understand is, other than being a non-white woman, what exactly is wrong with her?

As Veep, she doesn't appear to have done anything either reprehensible or outstanding, yet she's loathed worse than Hillary.