Planet America

Start here
President Bush

Re: Planet America

Post by President Bush »

arthwollipot wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:37 pm Well, Gen Ripper was also very concerned about the state of his precious bodily fluids, so let's just take that with a grain of salt, shall we?
Still remember clearly the first time Dr Strangelove was shown on US television. Like most twelve year olds in 1968 I was fascinated with atomic bombs and end-of-the-world stories.

We lived rural Wisconsin more or less between Milwaukee and Madison. The Milwaukee network television station showed it at 8:00 PM on a Sunday night. The Madison network television station delayed its broadcast until 10:30.

I had to stay up and watch it again to confirm I had just seen what I saw. Permanantly warped my mind.

A writer named Terry Southern was responsible for most of Sterling Hayden's/General Ripper's dialogue, I can not imagine a better satire.
sparks

Post by sparks »

"Ice cream? Children's ice cream Mandrake?"
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

sparks wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:32 am Some half wits simply cannot learn. Anything. And we all know that old saying about not learning from history....

Sorry GM, but no. This country isn't going to any better. Until it gets a big shiload worse.

Fuck.
You've already lived through 9/11, Sandy Hook and January 6th. How much worse do you want it to get?
sparks

Post by sparks »

I don't 'want' it to get worse at all.

But it is coming.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

My point is that America has seen a lot of really bad shit, and its response has not been to get better. What good will seeing more bad shit do?

America needs to proactively improve, before more bad shit happens. And only Americans can make that happen.
sparks

Post by sparks »

And most can't see that. And that is my point Arth.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

Make them see it!
Di Wundrin

Post by Di Wundrin »

Just another cult boys, small beans in the big picture, they're idiots but then .. I googled 'spirituist cults' and up came this gem.

It's still going strong it seems, more than 2400 members too from the look of it.

Don't get too focused on the Nazis to notice all the other vermin gnawing away at the foundations. Nazis are just easiest to spot.

https://www.theatlantic.com/national/ar ... re/265620/
sparks

Post by sparks »

arthwollipot wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 4:37 am Make them see it!
You can't make willfully ignorant people see shit and you know it. Just try talking some good chreeeeeestian out of thier childish belief in sky daddy sometime.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

Pa. man who attacked his own defense attorney, urinated on courtroom floor, gets life in prison...

https://www.pennlive.com/crime/2023/02/ ... rison.html