Planet America

Start here
Meadmaker

Re: Planet America

Post by Meadmaker »

Meanwhile, our once and (potentially) future President is on trial.

There are plenty of opinions on the subject, but, honestly, people just aren't talking about it.

And I'll bet that not one person in 10, especially those ones that have the opinions, could tell you what the (allegedly?) criminal aspect of his behavior is.

And a leading candidate for Vice President once shot a dog, so she's unacceptable.
sparks

Post by sparks »

And the Dumbth goes on and on.

Some things never change.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

Meadmaker wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:59 pm And a leading candidate for Vice President once shot a dog, so she's unacceptable.
Hey, don't forget that she also shot three horses, so it's okay.
If you're not on edge, you're taking up too much space.
stanky

Post by stanky »

and a goat.

why is no one talking about the goat?

Sarah Palin needs a comeback. She could shoot stuff from a chopper.

if Trump is poised to win, his v.p. pick will be significant...if only symbolically.
If any of this was real, how would the ship sail?
is corruption and incompetence all that's required?
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

I'm pretty sure his VP pick this time won't be as significant as his VP pick last time, who after all refused to overthrow the election for him. There's no guarantee that whoever gets the job this time around will have that much integrity.
If you're not on edge, you're taking up too much space.
stanky

Post by stanky »

Jill Stein is a near perfect candidate. She's smart; coherent; clean; educated; looks right, etc.
This time, she got roughed up by a cop with a bike (there's video available) and she got charged with assault.
Last time, the cuffed her to a chair to keep her from being heard.

she's got no chance, even though, if this was a democracy, she'd win. Even ranked choice voting would be a big step for us. No blaming decent people as spoilers with that.

check her out:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnGxMqy ... kingPoints
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

Murdered by a police officer for opening his door...

https://youtu.be/CKLxdAnhXSM?si=zy5mzjZWiTsvsrtL&t=186
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

Bodycam footage on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xneXZ6MnG84

It's a good thing there are body cams these days. Cops will have a hard time defending this. Without body cam footage, he would say that the "suspect" pointed the gun at him and the cop acted in self defense. I suppose he will probably try to say that, anyway, but I don't think the jury will buy it. I think a plea bargain is his best course of action.

ETA: Sorry. I thought the link Pres Bush posted was to a news article. So, two youtube links.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

I was heartened that there were very few comments in the replies blaming the victim.

There were some, of course. They said the victim shouldn't have answered the door holding a gun. Everyone I saw that did try to make the argument got a response explaining why it made perfect sense to have a gun in your hand when answering the door to someone who said they were a cop.

I'm sure the same people blaming the victim for this would staunchly defend the right of homeowners to use deadly force, and the "castle doctrine", which Florida law upholds if I recall correctly. They won't even see the irony, even after it is pointed out.
stanky

Post by stanky »

Poor people have every reason to fear cops and the rich people they work for. It's not about maintaining law and order as much as maintaining an arbitrary and twisted order that protects property stolen by banks from the newly homeless who are also suddenly criminals.
We don't vote for this corruption. This Ponzi scheme.