Planet America

Start here
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Planet America

Post by Admin »

I think there was at least one other mass shooting as well.

Nothing screams Independence like killing people.

Happy birthday, USA!
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

President Bush wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:21 pm
While prosecutors in New York discussed various possible charges against Donald Trump, they feared they might have to prove he wasn’t legally insane to make their case against him, according to an upcoming book by one of those prosecutors.

“Was Donald Trump suffering from some sort of mental condition that made it impossible for him to distinguish between fact and fiction?” Mark Pomerantz writes in “People vs. Donald Trump: An Inside Account,” which was obtained by The Daily Beast. The book is due out Tuesday.

Pomerantz, who joined the Manhattan district attorney’s office in early 2021, revealed that lawyers “discussed whether Trump had been spewing bullshit for so many years about so many things that he could no longer process the difference between bullshit and reality,” according to The Beast.

“To rebut the claim that Trump believed his own ‘hype’... we would have to show, and stress, that Donald Trump was not legally insane,” The Beast quoted from the book.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mark-pom ... b49ae31147
They might need to read one of my favorite little books...

https://press.princeton.edu/books/hardc ... n-bullshit
Author of ¨On Bullshit" just died.

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/07/17/book ... -dead.html
sparks

Post by sparks »

Damn. Another candle goes out, it gets a little darker.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

I'd rather a source that isn't the UFO-promoting, Uri-Geller-supporting New York Times, which no longer has any serious credibility, but I wasn't able to find any other sources reporting his death apart from his profiles on the Princeton website and Wikipedia.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

Meanwhile, did anyone see Mitch McConnell's performance today.

I wonder what it would be like to have political leaders who were born after the Second World War ended?

(I think maybe Trump was one or two years after, but he's still too damned old to be elected President...in a sane nation.)
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

I'm pretty sure he experienced a Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA). Though often referred to as a "mini-stroke" it's not actually a stroke at all. Still fairly serious for someone who's a hundred and thirty years old.

Since I seem to be congenitally incapable of wishing harm on someone no matter how odious they are, I hope he's okay.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Meadmaker wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:50 am Meanwhile, did anyone see Mitch McConnell's performance today.
Yes!

I started a thread at ISF about his battery going flat. That guy can't have long left.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

Meadmaker wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 3:50 am Meanwhile, did anyone see Mitch McConnell's performance today.
Looked to me like he had a moment of introspection, became stunned to realize it was too late to break the chain of events he has unleashed.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Nice country you have there.

Look on the bright side - things will continue getting worse.