Planet America

Start here
sparks

Re: Planet America

Post by sparks »

stanky wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:13 am That logic makes no sense.
Why would a God, if one should exist, need to share your moral code?
Maybe it's a bastard-prick god?
Maybe the fuck doesn't exist at all.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

arthwollipot wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:47 am
President Bush wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 1:22 amBrought that up because as not all Australians are habitual drunks, well, not all Americans are religious idiots.
No, of course not. Didn't say they were. But separating religion from America is not a trivial pursuit. America is far more religious than most other developed democracies.
Australia is far more drunk than most other developed democracies. Here are the results from another survey:
Among the 22 countries involved in the 2021 Global Drug Survey, the United States ranked No. 4 and respondents from Australia reported getting drunk more than any other country, with an average of 26 times a year, or about twice a month.

https://www.usatoday.com/
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Speaker Johnson:

"Please don't worry about the serious national security threat that I'm not going to disclose"

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mike-joh ... 11b9118c3b

Makes sense.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

Admin wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:22 am Speaker Johnson:

"Please don't worry about the serious national security threat that I'm not going to disclose"

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mike-joh ... 11b9118c3b

Makes sense.
https://youtu.be/b6RetGo9U_o?si=rSWtIFdYCGELv6LC&t=4215
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

In America, the biggest sporting event of the year is, of course, the Super Bowl. This year the victors were the Kansas City Chiefs.

It's traditional to do a parade in the team's home city. So, Wednesday they had the traditional parade.

It was followed by the traditional mass shooting where 1 person was killed and 21 injured.

Unlike a lot of mass shootings, the shooter fled on foot, instead of following the tradition American suicide by cop ritual. Since there was a large crowd, he had to flee through them, and one person in the crowd, hearing shouts of "Get him", tackled the shooter. He started throwning punches, and possibly knocking the shooter unconscious. (The tackler wasn't certain.) The tackler's name was Filter. The shooter still had the gun as he was hit, but unbeknownst to Mr. Filter, his wife had actually grabbed the shooter's gun. Here's how the tackler described what happened next:
Bystanders were screaming that the man had a gun and Filter, not knowing that his wife had already neutralized the threat, continued searching the man for a firearm.

“I was just yelling, ‘F your gun!’ and I was just hitting him in his ribs. It was great. You know, America stuff,” Filter said.
U -S - A!

ETA: There is some doubt as to whether or not the shooter that was tackled was actually a shooter. Three suspects have been arrested. I haven't yet read today if they know how or why people were shooting and, ya know, doing America stuff.

And, for the record, although I am making fun of Mr. Filter for the "America stuff" comment, I definitely consider him the good guy here. It takes some guts to attack an armed man like that.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

Two teens have been arrested. A third man was arrested, but has since been released.

So.....the guy that got tackled and beat up, probably wasn't one of the shooters.

I've also read that the injured kids, or most of the kids, weren't injured by gunshots. They were knocked over by fleeing adults.

So, let's see.....two teens get into a fight in a crowd. They have guns, so a shootout starts. Some people get shot. Some kids get injured by being knocked over. A man fleeing from the scene just happens to have an AK-47 (probably not, but that's what an article said). He's tackled and gets the snot kicked out of him. Police haven't said if he had anything at all to do with the shooting.

(It hasn't been mentioned in any article I read, but the guy who got beat up is black. The guy beating him up was white)

I;ve also read that the governor of Missouri was on scene. He was seen running away. He's a big supporter of 2nd amendment rights

America stuff.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Reminds me of 4Chan "finding" the Boston Marathon bomber.

Until it wasn't him.

Your country is crazy and irredeemably so.
grayman

Post by grayman »

arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

Who was he planning to invade?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

New Zealand. That's more than our entire armed forces.