Planet America

Start here
arthwollipot

Re: Planet America

Post by arthwollipot »

It appeared that you were saying that it was cool that a guy died and his body dissolved. Like I said, I know what you meant. I just thought it could have been better said. A Spock-like "fascinating" would have been appropriate.
If you're not on edge, you're taking up too much space.
sparks

Post by sparks »

Triggered much Arth?
stanky

Post by stanky »

i didn't read it, but thought it sounded like a neat way to end life. No clumsy autopsy or burial or cremation for the kin. Hard to escape life without it costing or making a mess. or someone looking for a body.

I wonder if there's any active volcanoes you can drive to? And then wander a short distance and fall through the safety chain, into a vat of gone.
Is that hell? Jumping into molten crust
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

arthwollipot wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:31 pm It appeared that you were saying that it was cool that a guy died and his body dissolved. Like I said, I know what you meant. I just thought it could have been better said. A Spock-like "fascinating" would have been appropriate.
Appeared to whom?
sparks

Post by sparks »

Ignore it Prez, Arth is simply sliding into his 'freeze peach nazi' phase, wherein he's convinced he can articulate anyones thoughts far better than they can.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

stanky wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:40 am i didn't read it, but thought it sounded like a neat way to end life. No clumsy autopsy or burial or cremation for the kin.
I'm not sure being boiled alive is a pleasant way to go, and there would have been a funeral and autopsy, but I'm picking an open casket wasn't on the menu.

It is kinda grotesquely cool how the meat had boiled off the body over 24 hours - entirely predictable. Try boiling beef for 24 hours and you'll have soup.

Surely. there people are just Darwin Award types? Not sticking to the trail in an active geothermal area isn't smart.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

President Bush wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:56 am
arthwollipot wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 9:31 pm It appeared that you were saying that it was cool that a guy died and his body dissolved. Like I said, I know what you meant. I just thought it could have been better said. A Spock-like "fascinating" would have been appropriate.
Appeared to whom?
Appeared to me, of course.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

sparks wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 3:57 am Ignore it Prez, Arth is simply sliding into his 'freeze peach nazi' phase, wherein he's convinced he can articulate anyones thoughts far better than they can.
:roll: Yeah, that's exactly what I'm doing.
sparks

Post by sparks »

I rest my case.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

arthwollipot wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 2:07 am
President Bush wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 2:56 am
Appeared to whom?
Appeared to me, of course.
Reminds me of the punchline of a joke...
Guy goes in for a job interview, and the interviewer asks “What do you consider to be your biggest problem?”

Guy says “Truthfulness... I’m truthful with everybody I meet.”

Interviewer says “Well, I don´t think being truthful could be considered a problem.”

Guy says “Truthfully... I don’t give a shit what you think.”