Hey stanky!

Start here
Di Wundrin

Re: Hey stanky!

Post by Di Wundrin »

Well done to keep any thread going that long.
We had a Coronvius thread going since 2020 too but only a few contributors. We did pretty well at keeping up to speed by skimming info off trusted forums and sites and watching pollies so our lack of big numbers and 'high profile' posters wasn't too big a hurdle.
We were watching the pollies as much as the medical science and for good reason. I think Cindy was the only one who beat Victoria's record for uncalled for lockdowns. The entire State is still suffering Stockholm Syndrome.

The calls are getting louder for a Royal Commission into the decisions taken by idiot politicians, many against health advice and for purely political reasons. But we've also had some very dodgy 'health experts with some "interesting"" connections to explain.

I can see that thread lasting for years yet.

Best thing about Old Farts is that the same few people have been waging the same battle from either side of politics for at least the last 10 years.
It's never an echo chamber. More like the Collusseum. The arguments keep us on our toes and so far the score for 'turning' anyone at all is zero.
But we have a lot of laughs too.

The 'balance' of oposing views and the familiarity of arguing ámong friends' makes a contented little band of argumentative old bastards. Just how we luv it.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

I'm actually okay with most of the mod decisions made at ISF. Having done a stint there as a mod myself, I know first-hand what a difficult and thankless job it is. There are judgement calls to be made, and some people will always disagree with them. Some calls are good, and some calls aren't. It's the nature of the job. There are a bunch of people I'd reinstate if it wasn't against the board's policy, but I don't get to make decisions like that.
stanky

Post by stanky »

the moderation here is appalling.