The Religion Thread

Start here
Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Religion Thread

Post by Admin »

grayman wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:28 pm Religion and cryptocurrency.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ans-denver
Sympathy level for the idiots who gave him the money - zero.

Sounds like something Brian Tamaki should jump into. Much easier to deal with than all the $50 notes.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/destiny-c ... W3HEZ5MUY/
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Meadmaker wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:53 pm I had occasion to think about creationism last night, and in my thoughts I came up with a premise for a religion I wanted to start.

The universe was created by an immensely powerful, but not omnipotent or omniscient, spiritual being. In fact, the universe was created by accident. Maybe God spiiled some stuff and it mixed together and exploded.

Now, He runs around trying to clean up the mess occasionally, but mostly he just watches to see what happens.

For worship services, people do science experiments, especially chemistry, in the hopes of emulating the divine creator of the universe, discuovering some amazing thing just by chance.
The Church if England beat you to it - that's pretty much their religion.

My religion has young women earning their way to heaven by bestowing sexual favours on the pope, which is me.

Did I mention I am a registered pastor at the Church of Mary Jane? (not a religion started by me)
grayman

Post by grayman »

Admin wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:55 pm
grayman wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:28 pm Religion and cryptocurrency.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ans-denver
Sympathy level for the idiots who gave him the money - zero.

Sounds like something Brian Tamaki should jump into. Much easier to deal with than all the $50 notes.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/destiny-c ... W3HEZ5MUY/
I'm in the wrong line of work...darn you conscience.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Morals are a bastard alright.

If I were able to suspend my morals for personal gain I have no doubt I'd have been Prime Minister years ago. I blew up my political career at 21 because I refused to lie for the cause.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

Admin wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 5:57 pm
Meadmaker wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 4:53 pm I had occasion to think about creationism last night, and in my thoughts I came up with a premise for a religion I wanted to start.

The universe was created by an immensely powerful, but not omnipotent or omniscient, spiritual being. In fact, the universe was created by accident. Maybe God spiiled some stuff and it mixed together and exploded.

Now, He runs around trying to clean up the mess occasionally, but mostly he just watches to see what happens.

For worship services, people do science experiments, especially chemistry, in the hopes of emulating the divine creator of the universe, discuovering some amazing thing just by chance.
The Church if England beat you to it - that's pretty much their religion.

My religion has young women earning their way to heaven by bestowing sexual favours on the pope, which is me.

Did I mention I am a registered pastor at the Church of Mary Jane? (not a religion started by me)
In the beginning, there was some stuff, and the stuff was without form and void, but the Lord mixed it together, and said, "Oh shit!" as it started expanding and glowing and doing all sorts of crazy things. And the Lord saw that some of it was pretty frickin' cool, so he didn't wipe it up. Day and night passed. The first day.
stanky

Post by stanky »

sounds good.

(Do you need a pope?)
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Meadmaker wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 11:04 pm In the beginning, there was some stuff, and the stuff was without form and void, but the Lord mixed it together, and said, "Oh shit!" as it started expanding and glowing and doing all sorts of crazy things. And the Lord saw that some of it was pretty frickin' cool, so he didn't wipe it up. Day and night passed. The first day.
That's pretty much right on the money.

Worship the sky-fairy because it might be a good thing, but nobody goes to hell, so let's go and hug random strangers.

Hey, at least they don't feature much in the molesting kids stories.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

unloading some old dashboard art back in the hills... here's Buddy Christ digging his new lair.
thumbnail (4).jpeg
thumbnail (4).jpeg (181.95 KiB) Viewed 1760 times
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

I've still got an original unboxed Buddy up on my bookshelf.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »