The Religion Thread

Start here
Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Religion Thread

Post by Admin »

grayman wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 8:28 pm
African priests fill American pulpits as 'reverse missionaries,' revitalizing parishes
https://www.yahoo.com/news/african-prie ... 32393.html
That is 24-carat gold!

We have the same thing going on here, where priests are exempt from immigration requirements due to the lack of local ones.
grayman

Post by grayman »

Description

The Holy Spirit Board is the only spirit board designed to directly contact our lord and savior Jesus Christ! Unlike other spirit boards that are often used to contact ghosts and demons, this is a one way ticket straight to heaven. Try it today, and discover a new way to pray!

Yes, this is a thing:

https://www.amazon.com/Holy-Spirit-Boar ... 141&sr=8-2
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Seems legit.

The guy I used to buy firewood from had daily conversations with Jesus when he was in the calf enclosure, so why not a Ouija Board?
stanky

Post by stanky »

I'd get one if i could think of anything to ask jesus.
sparks

Post by sparks »

How about "When are you gonna get off your ass and clean up this fucking world!!"
grayman

Post by grayman »

stanky wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 5:08 pm I'd get one if i could think of anything to ask jesus.
I would ask:

"Do you speak English? 'cause I don't understand Aramaic."
stanky

Post by stanky »

kinda curious about his sex life, but it would be rude to ask.
grayman

Post by grayman »

Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

I had occasion to think about creationism last night, and in my thoughts I came up with a premise for a religion I wanted to start.

The universe was created by an immensely powerful, but not omnipotent or omniscient, spiritual being. In fact, the universe was created by accident. Maybe God spiiled some stuff and it mixed together and exploded.

Now, He runs around trying to clean up the mess occasionally, but mostly he just watches to see what happens.

For worship services, people do science experiments, especially chemistry, in the hopes of emulating the divine creator of the universe, discuovering some amazing thing just by chance.