Newbs

Start here
Di Wundrin

Re: Newbs

Post by Di Wundrin »

Is there any form 'Bot captcha' app on this one TA? That seems to work on the Proboards format.
Guests can register and login but they have to get past the "bot trap".
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Yeah and fully operational. Trouble is the 'bots find it easy to get through.

I should probably enable email registration as the option. I'll do that when I'm next in the control panel.

The irony that the board software allows 'bots to register at will while Admin can't isn't lost on me.
Di Wundrin

Post by Di Wundrin »

It's all above my pay scale really, I'm just tuning in to what the Old Farts nerds were saying.
When the original forum started up I spent 2 hours a day cleaning out the scammer memberships till one of the lads deduced how to just block registrations. We didn't want new members so it didn't matter. Sure freed my day up though
stanky

Post by stanky »

So,
We're under siege by obsolete, non human automatons?

What a time to be alive!
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

Well, we are also living in a time where there's a planet in our solar system that's entirely inhabited by robots, so yeah, I'd say it's a pretty good time to be alive.
Di Wundrin

Post by Di Wundrin »

arthwollipot wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 11:36 pm Well, we are also living in a time where there's a planet in our solar system that's entirely inhabited by robots, so yeah, I'd say it's a pretty good time to be alive.