guns 2

Start here
Di Wundrin

Re: guns 2

Post by Di Wundrin »

Can't help you on that one Grayman, we were discussing why America fell in love with guns and we didn't when we were basically derived from the same initial stock of people. Considering ours were convicts and yours free settlers you'd think it would have gone the other way round.

We've got more guns in the Country than before the 'buy back' but most of the action is gang related still.

When I was young rifles were part of the scenery but you'd rarely see one now. Nobody had pistols except cops, but 'everybody' had a rifle.
A lot of the soldiers somehow ended up with their .303s in their houses, including ours. It was propped behind the kitchen when I was toddler but no more notice of it was taken than had it been a broom. They were just 'tools' to us not status symbols. I vaguely remember playing with the bullets at the Grandies house, but must have been 'taught' not to touch the rifle at a very early age because I just 'knew' not to go near it.

Bit different to how kids over there are 'taught' about guns.

You have a much bigger population so a lot more nutters in the mix. Ever wonder how many nutters there are in China? Would we know if they grabbed a machete and went on mass chopping sprees??

Don't beat yourselves up over it. We're not all responsible for what goes on in the heads of nutters.

..and you know that no legislation is ever going to change 'the culture'. Something you'll have to live with until the culture changes itself I think,
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

grayman wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:29 amI think there's been three or four shootings since I posted that.

What the fuck is wrong with this country (besides the obvious)?
Something that would take generations to fix, and that would only happen when there's political will to fix it.

So, never.
stanky

Post by stanky »

Marjorie Taylor Green is on the Homeland Security committee, and she's said, publicly, that had she been in charge, she'd have brought guns to Jan 6 attack. Change is in the air. Wrong kind, imho.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

This is the best story I think I've ever seen!

Fuckwit gun owner and his mate go on hunting trip with his dog.

Of course the gun lying on the seat is loaded, with one in the spout and safety off...

Dogs steps on trigger and shoots the passenger, who died.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/world/us-canada ... eriff-says
Di Wundrin

Post by Di Wundrin »

tch. Hope that poor dog is getting appropriate counselling.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I'd have given it a couple of keys of prime horse.
Di Wundrin

Post by Di Wundrin »

Baaad man. tch
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

It's often said, quite rightly in my opinion, that there is no such thing as an accidental discharge of a firearm. There is only negligent discharge.
sparks

Post by sparks »

Excellent point arth.
grayman

Post by grayman »