guns 2

Start here
President Bush

Re: guns 2

Post by President Bush »

stanky wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 5:31 am The little kids is rough.
Pity it doesn't happen in nursing homes instead of schools.
Was about to note your sick sense of humor then saw this...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carthage_ ... ng#Victims
grayman

Post by grayman »

grayman

Post by grayman »

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

That's an excellent one. Won't change a single mind.
grayman wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:16 pm
Rep. Jamaal Bowman comes out of House votes and implores journalists to ask Republicans what their plan is to address gun violence. Then Rep. Thomas Massie comes in a proposes arming teachers instead.
I said this on 28 March at ISF:
Broadcasting the graphic reality of gunshot wounds would just harden the resolve of the gun lobby to push for teachers to be armed.
Insanity.
grayman

Post by grayman »

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Ain't that the truth.

Jesus was such a gun nut.
grayman

Post by grayman »

Admin wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:00 pm Ain't that the truth.

Jesus was such a gun nut.
Amen...dment.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

grayman wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:05 pm Amen...dment.
You're a class act, mate!
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

grayman wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2023 12:16 pm
Rep. Jamaal Bowman comes out of House votes and implores journalists to ask Republicans what their plan is to address gun violence. Then Rep. Thomas Massie comes in a proposes arming teachers instead.
https://twitter.com/FarnoushAmiri/statu ... 9339608064

That graph makes it so clear. We obviously have to give Americans more guns! That way, the "guns owned" axis would be extended to the right and we would end up below the curve.

It's just simple logic.

Or was that simpleton logic? I forget.

(Seriously, I know it was months old, but it's an awesome graph. It's amazing that people can be talked into missing the point of it.)

Meanwhile, the story I read about gun deaths today is from Farmington, New Mexico. I lived there briefly, but I was only a year old so I don't remember.

Police are called to a house following a late night domestic violence report. They go to the address, and pound on the door. No answer. Cops open the door. (I don't remember if they forced it, or if it was unlocked. Inside, there's a man with a gun, so naturally, they shoot him. Dead.

Wife also has gun. She shoots at cops, but misses. That triggers more gunfire from cops, but they miss the woman.

Woman starts screaming, something about husband being shot and asking for help, but there's no more gunfire. No charges filed as of the time I read the story.

Oh.....the cops were at the wrong house. The actual call was to the house across the street. The man and the wife were startled by the pounding, so naturally grabbed the guns they kept for self defense. The cops even called to verify the address, since they didn't see or hear any signs of domestic disturbance, and it was dark and all that. So, they called to ask if they had the right address, but they only verified that they had gotten the address right on the report. They didn't actually look at the address sign that was on the house.

At least no one shot the kids, who were asleep until the gunfire.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

Meadmaker wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 4:37 am Meanwhile, the story I read about gun deaths today is from Farmington, New Mexico. I lived there briefly, but I was only a year old so I don't remember.

Police are called to a house following a late night domestic violence report. They go to the address, and pound on the door. No answer. Cops open the door. (I don't remember if they forced it, or if it was unlocked. Inside, there's a man with a gun, so naturally, they shoot him. Dead.

Wife also has gun. She shoots at cops, but misses. That triggers more gunfire from cops, but they miss the woman.

Woman starts screaming, something about husband being shot and asking for help, but there's no more gunfire. No charges filed as of the time I read the story.

Oh.....the cops were at the wrong house. The actual call was to the house across the street. The man and the wife were startled by the pounding, so naturally grabbed the guns they kept for self defense. The cops even called to verify the address, since they didn't see or hear any signs of domestic disturbance, and it was dark and all that. So, they called to ask if they had the right address, but they only verified that they had gotten the address right on the report. They didn't actually look at the address sign that was on the house.

At least no one shot the kids, who were asleep until the gunfire.
Posted that here, skip to the 3:15 mark to pick it up where te three cops realize they're at the wrong house.

viewtopic.php?p=1392#p1392