guns 2

Start here
stanky

Re: guns 2

Post by stanky »

yet, most Americans don't own guns.

Oddly enough, I'm looking for someone with an ar-15 or similar gun to do some tree trimming.
Seriously.
(We live far from neighbors and have tree limbs hanging above the house that are to dead to climb. Shooting them down might be economically sound.)
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

Seems an inefficient method.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

stanky wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:51 pm yet, most Americans don't own guns.

Oddly enough, I'm looking for someone with an ar-15 or similar gun to do some tree trimming.
Seriously.
(We live far from neighbors and have tree limbs hanging above the house that are to dead to climb. Shooting them down might be economically sound.)
Jesus Christ, that's an unusual idea.

How far off the ground are they? I'm pretty sure there will be a less dangerous option than shooting them off.
stanky

Post by stanky »

can't think of any. Branches are 80 feet up. There's no one in line of fire. What i don't know is how many bullets it would take to shoot down a branch. Or how much they cost. An accurate gun would be essential.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

stanky wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:46 am can't think of any. Branches are 80 feet up. There's no one in line of fire. What i don't know is how many bullets it would take to shoot down a branch. Or how much they cost. An accurate gun would be essential.
80 feet up is a fuck of a long way. If branches that high up are fucked I'd say bring the whole tree down, because it'll come down on its own at some stage.

At 80 feet you're looking at a difficult task with a gun - rapid fire = less accuracy, and it might take a lot of single shots to bring it down. The danger range behind the target is at least a mile and probably a fair bit more with the calibre you'll need. Sounds like a terrible idea to me and I'd be worried about ricochets, too.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

If the AR-15 works for those branches, I see an opportunity for a great business innovation,

"2nd Amendment Tree Trimming Services".

"We trim trees just the way the Founding Fathers intended!"

(Just in case the machine gun horticulture method was serious, it seems like a very bad idea. It would take a lot of bullets, and by the time the branch fell.....somewhere.......an awful lot of bullets would have bounced off all over the place. On the other hand, if you had some World War II surplus artillery.....)
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

stanky wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 2:51 pm yet, most Americans don't own guns.

Seriously.
Bet there's a kid lives near the stankerosa who at least has a jr-15.
grayman

Post by grayman »

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

stanky wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:46 am can't think of any. Branches are 80 feet up. There's no one in line of fire. What i don't know is how many bullets it would take to shoot down a branch. Or how much they cost. An accurate gun would be essential.
Stanky, the Chinese have your back!

Lasers trimming branches is the next big thing: https://twitter.com/HowThingsWork_/stat ... 3215888385
grayman

Post by grayman »

ODing in the USA.