is rock and roll really dead this time?

Start here
Admin
Site Admin

Re: is rock and roll really dead this time?

Post by Admin »

I was talking to a mate of mine today who has a huge Asian chick fetish. Apparently the girl on the left studied in NZ for a couple of years.

Amazingly, he hasn't fucked her.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

Key To The Highway
Little Walter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHAxZkcGALg
stanky

Post by stanky »

I've been digging out old rock and roll equipment; man cave strewn with patch cords and little amps...been away from electric stuff for a long spell, so it's pretty new for now. My hands have changed but the guitars are mostly the same. Except this:
My neglected electric guitar has a hole right through it, a few inches under the bridge. It was drilled by an insect.
I think it sounds better. But it's freaking weird. Guitar's been hanging on the wall the whole time. Hard to miss. Yet, something drilled through an inch and a half of maple (solid body strat knock-off) without me noticing. There's still bits of pupae in the hole. Like something hatched out of the ax.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

I've been thinking of getting a decent cheap electric. I've got an old acoustic neglected in my spare room, but I've never played much with an actual electric guitar. Not that I'm all that good. I can bang out chords pretty well, but that's about it.
stanky

Post by stanky »

arthwollipot wrote: Mon Feb 13, 2023 4:18 am I've been thinking of getting a decent cheap electric. I've got an old acoustic neglected in my spare room, but I've never played much with an actual electric guitar. Not that I'm all that good. I can bang out chords pretty well, but that's about it.
It's a whole different thing, electric.
I also play acoustic and write songs on it. The electric is more about soundscapes and eventually, drums and loudness.
At a decent pawn shop, you could get an ok ax and a small amp for $200, with an effects pedal tossed in. Or, you can meat someone like me, and he'd give you all that stuff. I have extras. It can be a rabbit hole, of course.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

$200 eh? At todays exchange rate that's about $2275 in dollarydoos.
stanky

Post by stanky »

nice!
grayman

Post by grayman »

Something I heard about on NPR while driving to work yesterday:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ribs_(recordings)

Seems like something that might interest stanky and Prez.

The story:

https://www.npr.org/2023/02/13/11564777 ... er-stalins