Weather

Start here
stanky

Re: Weather

Post by stanky »

grayman wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 3:56 pm Thunderstorms, tornados, and flash-flooding today.

No word on the plague of locusts yet.

https://www.nbcboston.com/weather/storm ... y/3090260/
Our weather report has been staying the same...nearly unpredictable severe weather. That's the new groove.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

As I've got older I've found myself being able to cope less and less with the cold. I used to say that it was far better to be cold than to be hot, because when you're cold, you can always put more clothes on, but when you're hot there's a hard limit.

I assume it's something to do with my peripheral circulation. Since getting my alcohol use and therefore my blood pressure under control, I've started noticing the occasional dark circles under my thumbnails - a sure sign of circulation issues.

Right now outside it's 5.2C, and I'm about ready for spring.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

arthwollipot wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:44 am As I've got older I've found myself being able to cope less and less with the cold.
I do think that's just an age thing - I used to love the cold, but now I'd happily live on the Gold Coast. (The weather, not the residents)
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

stanky

Post by stanky »

We keep being lucky. So far, no drown; burn up freeze to death; tree fall on head; house blow away...nope...but it's always close. The other day, i accidentally stepped on a copperhead. I was reaching for a stick; didn't see her. She looked right at me. I apologized sincerely. No bite. Could have easily. Word gets out, among the wild things; "He's OK. Let him live." I guess that's how it works. In my mid 70's now, in this sweet spot. I think we're in love. Wrens came in my room this morning. We tweeted to each other. The male likes to sit on top of a globe that hangs from the ceiling. Hornets come in, too. I'm not worth stinging, evidently.

I'm pretending to live in a magical realm. It's starting to work.

Mary just came in with the first melon from my patch. She's already had five from hers. Same heirloom climbing cantaloupe type; small; delicious.
If we're alive, we'll plant these seeds next year. And i'll protect mine from the deer. It's competitive. Ya gotta talk to stuff. Listen to it. Learn to love it.

or leave it.

America blows rank ass. Pity. The planet is extraordinary. I gotta focus on the earth mama so as not to hate. I hate the way the media plays an agenda instead of showing the news. What they're doing to RFK Jr is criminal. And Cornel. And Jill Stein. And Nadar.
We can't have un-corruptible types winning elections.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

I keep screaming at the TV set to do something that will make a difference BEFORE IT´S TOO LATE!

Oh shit, I forgot... I don´t have a television.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

stanky wrote: Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:01 pmWhat they're doing to RFK Jr is criminal.
Oh please do explain that.

Of all the crazy cunts you could feel sorry for, he's not one of them. He's a certifiable lunatic and fucking dangerous.

Even his own family thinks he's a nutcase: https://www.politico.com/magazine/story ... es-226798/
sparks

Post by sparks »

RFK Jr. can read and reason. In simpler language, he's a fucking cunt.

Vaccination works. That is all gawddamnit.
stanky

Post by stanky »

He's not anti-vax. He's being smeared. He's anti-war.
The shots we got for covid don't qualify as vaccines.
We were had.