Weather

Start here
Di Wundrin

Re: Weather

Post by Di Wundrin »

Right about the News value dropping here when it turned it's eye elsewhere so to speak.

You'd better hope that it won't follow the law of averages and take one of those less likely tracks matey.

But some of the puff will be taken out of it that far south won't it? I only recall a couple ever coming as far South as Sydney and they were small fry compared to what they do further North.

I've still got a soft spot for Syria, only because we were generations long family friends with a Syrian family and I still associate them with it though none of them lived there since about 1920. Bit silly really but they were good people.

The speed of switch between dropping bombs to dropping 'aid' shouldn't be a surprise to a bloke your age with the hours clocked up watching how politics works. I'm waiting for Vlad to send a little something with love from the Kremlin. :roll:
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Di Wundrin wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:16 am Right about the News value dropping here when it turned it's eye elsewhere so to speak.

You'd better hope that it won't follow the law of averages and take one of those less likely tracks matey.
The latest tracks all show it hitting us dead square.

While it will lose a little strength, it's not going to lose much steam over a very warm Tasman Sea, and it's sucking enormous amounts of hot, wet air down with it.

I'm expecting some serious shit to happen, and with a storm surge coming into the Hauraki Gulf, which is perfectly designed to amplify the surge, we're going to have flooding across Auckland and the Hauraki Plains. It could be up to 2 metres, and there's a shitload of land less than a metre above the high tide mark.

I'll be laying in a stock of groceries today - I expect power cuts at the very least. Where we live will be no problem, but fuck me, some people have no idea what's about to happen.
Di Wundrin wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:16 am I've still got a soft spot for Syria, only because we were generations long family friends with a Syrian family and I still associate them with it though none of them lived there since about 1920. Bit silly really but they were good people.

The speed of switch between dropping bombs to dropping 'aid' shouldn't be a surprise to a bloke your age with the hours clocked up watching how politics works. I'm waiting for Vlad to send a little something with love from the Kremlin. :roll:
Bit of a conundrum for Vlad - he's the one who's been bombing the fuck out of the Aleppo region, where the damage is. Poor bastards are copping it both ways.
Di Wundrin

Post by Di Wundrin »

They'd be clearing the shelves of toilet rolls here. wtf is it with toilet rolls?? they left the more practical stuff, like pasta and canned food and grabbed all the toilet rolls. And that was only for Covid lockdowns, be interesting to see what they'll grab if there's a flood coming, toilet rolls wont do floods well. '

Christ it's getting painful to watch the News, the immensity of the damage is taking a while to sink in. It's not a city it's hundreds of Ks of towns and cities.
The few they' re still finding alive just make me wonder how many more are under the rubble dead. I'm a tad claustrophobic so being buried under tons of rubble is the stuff of nightmares.

Poor bloody Syrians also have the 'uniform syndrome' of the current regime to contend with. They're holding up what dribble of aid is headed there to do bloody paperwork for it. Meanwhile people are sleeping out in the snow! And living with nothing.
Jeezuz I freak out if we have 2 hours blackout, I'm cast back into the stone age, everything works off electricity here. I wouldnt last a day with no power and no shelter. Even in summer.

Pity that quake hadnt been in Moscow, mightn't have solved any problems but it would have satisfied the need for Karma.
sparks

Post by sparks »

Backup generator!
stanky

Post by stanky »

dead is up to 22,000 in the quake.

Maybe natural disasters will make war obsolete.
War sucks. The latest saber rattling sucks.
The China weather balloon story blows.

Had this thought about our military machine today:
The rampant embezzlement of Pentagon money is the most wholesome part of the program.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Di Wundrin wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 11:50 amPoor bloody Syrians also have the 'uniform syndrome' of the current regime to contend with. They're holding up what dribble of aid is headed there to do bloody paperwork for it. Meanwhile people are sleeping out in the snow! And living with nothing.
I see aid is now able to get through.

Bloody decent of old Bashar to save the lives of the residents so he can go back to bombing them.

Human behaviour at its finest.

And if you've been wondering why a lot of the collapsed building in Turkey seem to look quite new, it's because they are, and corrupt officials allowed earthquake regulations to be ignored. https://www.bbc.com/news/64568826

We know better building codes save thousands of lives, but they're not much use if they're not enforced.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

stanky wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:02 pm dead is up to 22,000 in the quake.

The dead are a fraction of what Putin, Bashar and Erdogan have caused.
stanky wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:02 pm The China weather balloon story blows.
Fucking funny, though.
stanky

Post by stanky »

Admin wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:08 pm
stanky wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:02 pm dead is up to 22,000 in the quake.

The dead are a fraction of what Putin, Bashar and Erdogan have caused.
stanky wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 6:02 pm The China weather balloon story blows.
Fucking funny, though.
Are you forgetting a major player in the carnage?
The U.S. war machine has a vested interest in the chaos.
I'd say more than those 3 combined.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Phew, this cyclone has been a bit nasty.

A few details here, but damage across all parts of North Island to some degree or other. Auckland is mainly trees blown over, but serious shit from top to bottom.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/weathe ... smashes-nz

Certainly the first time I can recall a national emergency being declared.