trump off the CO ballot

Start here
Admin
Site Admin

Re: trump off the CO ballot

Post by Admin »

I have no idea how accurate the info is, but I'm seeing a lot of claims that voter apathy is rife among young, black and Latino voters, which are all core demographics for Biden.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

arthwollipot wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 6:36 am I think more people who wouldn't ordinarily vote will do so this year, and they will vote for Joe. And that's why Joe will win.
Maybe. It's a big reason he won in 2020. Lots more people voted than usual. (A frequent refrain of election deniers is that it's impossible for Trump to have lost, becuase he got even more votes in 2020 than he did in 2016! The mind boggles.)

If they do come out in big numbers, I don't see why, with the exception of abortion. For all of my lifetime abortion has been legal, and so two or three generations have grown up with the assumption that it would always be legal. Having it suddenly become illegal was a shock to a lot of people, and it affects exactly the demographic that is less likely to vote. (Well, Roe v. Wade was decided in my lifetime, but I was young enough that I would have been kind of unclear about exactly why someone would want or need an abortion, or how that situation came to be.)
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

And then there were two. (in the GOP)

Desantis suspends presidential campaign.

So.....Donald Trump or Nikki Haley, which almost certainly means Donald Trump.

Colin Jost had some comments: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5foM131P928

I don't think anyone will bother to vote in Maine or Colorado.

I'm holding out for some really interesing development. Like....Trump or Biden goes obviously senile in a high profile event. Someone dies. Either of those things could happen, throwing at least one of those nominations into chaos, which would at least be mildly entertaining.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

Nikki lost New Hampshire.

She can drop out, or go for the jugular, in my opinion. Or stick in the race and hope that he either dies or implodes.
stanky

Post by stanky »

seems we've forgotten already that he could go to jail...or at least be disqualified.
i wonder why it feels like a distant possibility?
He'll likely win as it looks.
Unless the msm eases up on RFK jr

biden/harris is a bad dream

i hope trump picks someone crazy. Marjorie what'shername? Kari Lake? Then Trump has the big one, and she's Prez!
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

stanky

Post by stanky »

for that kind of money, they'll be lining up to be raped by the donald.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

stanky wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 4:02 pm for that kind of money, they'll be lining up to be raped by the donald.
I think that's called the Republican party.
grayman

Post by grayman »

arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

Melting down, yeah.