Science etc.

Start here
stanky
Posts: 433
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:33 am

Re: Science etc.

Post by stanky »

sparks wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:12 am Stanky:
How do you heat your home in the winter? How do you get your water? Do you and Mary grow all your own food? And when you do make the trip to town for things you cannot provide for yourselves on the stankerosa, How do get there?

You appear to be an anti science nut job who couldn't live without science.

Please tell us all otherwise. I'm sure we'd like to know that we might live better without science.
Huh?
I'm all for science. Please tell me, that based on the evidence regarding fluoride added to water, that you don't think 25% improvement is worth it? What good are results from such tests? Do they keep some people from using toothpaste, to see how that compares? Are socio-economic factors analysed? It's b.s. science. That's what i'm anti. And it's heavy handed government action for a dubious reward.

you aren't seeing me in that image. i'm surrounded with science. and have never claimed nor even striven to self-sufficiency. not a prepper, don't have a gun, non-religious, read science books exclusively, i guess. haven't read fiction in decades.

wtf

hell, you saw the other links that debunk. they were rational. is this because i think the covid vaccine data was not transparent?
why paint a stupid picture?

how do i know you're real?
stanky
Posts: 433
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:33 am

Re: Science etc.

Post by stanky »

arthwollipot wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 12:46 am
stanky wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 10:09 pm
I said "drinking", not brushing teeth. It's in most toothpaste, if people want it. Putting it in the water, as mentioned, is a bit heavy-handed.
Tell me you didn't read it without telling me you didn't read it.

i don't get it.
explain your point, please.
Abstract:

To date, no systematic reviews have found fluoride to be effective in preventing dental caries in adults. The objective of this meta-analysis was to examine the effectiveness of self- and professionally applied fluoride and water fluoridation among adults. We used a random-effects model to estimate the effect size of fluoride (absolute difference in annual caries increment or relative risk ratio) for all adults aged 20+ years and for adults aged 40+ years. Twenty studies were included in the final body of evidence. Among studies published after/during 1980, any fluoride (self- and professionally applied or water fluoridation) annually averted 0.29 (95%CI: 0.16–0.42) carious coronal and 0.22 (95%CI: 0.08–0.37) carious root surfaces. The prevented fraction for water fluoridation was 27% (95%CI: 19%–34%). These findings suggest that fluoride prevents caries among adults of all ages.
stanky
Posts: 433
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:33 am

Re: Science etc.

Post by stanky »

Admin wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 8:41 pm
stanky wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:24 pm Trying to estimate the # of deaths the vaccine prevented is some seriously lame science.
We weren't discussing how many lives vaccines saved, so it's nice of you to hop back on your hobby horse.
stanky wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:24 pmThe lack of scrutiny therein shows a charming bias toward wanting the virus to work. It's also quite easy to show that it didn't work; wasn't worth the hassle, etc.
So easy to show that you don't bother showing the evidence.

Your name isn't Baldrick is it? https://blackadderquotes.com/i-have-a-cunning-plan
stanky wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:24 pmNatural immunity's advantages are still ignored in the equation.
Have you taken up naturopathy as well?


hopefully, you see that you've said nothing.
stanky wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:24 pmWho needs conspiracy when reality gives us toxic water? Humans blunder along, poisoning stuff. Then they try again. Lead pipes replaced with plastic ones, and filters. Yummy H2O. It's a routine. First, deny the damage; drag out law suits; pay a token fine; let whistle blower out of jail; find replacement for quicksilver. Start over. Fiberglass instead of asbestos around the furnace; maybe graphene later. A wonder material that could do everything. Probably put asbestos to shame.
I'm disappointed you didn't mention fluoride.
sparks
Posts: 247
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2022 4:01 am

Re: Science etc.

Post by sparks »

stanky wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 4:02 am
sparks wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:12 am Stanky:
How do you heat your home in the winter? How do you get your water? Do you and Mary grow all your own food? And when you do make the trip to town for things you cannot provide for yourselves on the stankerosa, How do get there?

You appear to be an anti science nut job who couldn't live without science.

Please tell us all otherwise. I'm sure we'd like to know that we might live better without science.
Huh?
I'm all for science. Please tell me, that based on the evidence regarding fluoride added to water, that you don't think 25% improvement is worth it? What good are results from such tests? Do they keep some people from using toothpaste, to see how that compares? Are socio-economic factors analysed? It's b.s. science. That's what i'm anti. And it's heavy handed government action for a dubious reward.

you aren't seeing me in that image. i'm surrounded with science. and have never claimed nor even striven to self-sufficiency. not a prepper, don't have a gun, non-religious, read science books exclusively, i guess. haven't read fiction in decades.

wtf

hell, you saw the other links that debunk. they were rational. is this because i think the covid vaccine data was not transparent?
why paint a stupid picture?

how do i know you're real?
One by one then.

You don't know that I'm real. Anymore than I know you are.

I tried to provide facts. They fell on deaf ears.

You pick and choose, just as we all do, from a cesspool of bullshit we loosely call 'the news'. And then you, just as we all, conclude just what we wanted.

You insist you're pro science. Yet you still haven't answered my opening questions.

And how's that 'science is a religion' debate going?

Get real.
stanky
Posts: 433
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:33 am

Re: Science etc.

Post by stanky »

What question? Snarky ones about my private life? Why would i answer them?
What facts did you provide?
You linked two sides of an argument. Good.

never mind that, how about this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DnK9Te ... rasadMDMPH

evidence that the covid boosters are useless if you've already had covid-19-----------------------------------------------------
Prasad illuminates bias where we don't usually notice-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
User avatar
arthwollipot
Posts: 359
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:20 pm

Re: Science etc.

Post by arthwollipot »

I can't believe I'm saying this.

A youtube video does not constitute evidence.
stanky
Posts: 433
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:33 am

Re: Science etc.

Post by stanky »

I can't believe i'm saying this:
"What if a youtube video reports on evidence?"

I can't believe this can't be addressed without sinking to insult.
What has been offered as 'evidence', so far, by you, TA and Sparks, has been riddled with propaganda and debunked.
At what point along the way will something qualify as acceptable evidence? What source will be respected?
As it is, only the bias of the media and big pharma is being touted.
Should one dig for the science behind their convictions, they'll be in for disappointment, regarding the covid vax.

The double blinds and normal scientific scrutiny was abandoned in favor of 'warp speed'. Dissenting voices were silenced. Nonsense is still being propagated as truth by a desperate contingent of authorities for the purpose of saving face and making money.
Even as this slowly emerges, in lurid detail, there will be denial.
So wear your mask if it makes you happy. Buy all the boosters they offer.

But just in case, it may be a good idea to boost our immune systems with good nutrition and exercise.
And for critical thinkers, please grasp how 'evidence' can be created by the nature of the inquiry.

And maybe show me the science that has gained your respect and trust for these boosters.
User avatar
Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 768
Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2022 2:42 am

Re: Science etc.

Post by Admin »

stanky wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 3:50 pmBut just in case, it may be a good idea to boost our immune systems with good nutrition and exercise.
What I find funniest and most hypocritical about that is that it comes from someone who smoked cigarettes for 50 years and was/is an alcoholic.
stanky
Posts: 433
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:33 am

Re: Science etc.

Post by stanky »

Again, all you're offering is personal insults. It's not that it bothers me, except by way of intelligent debate or discussion.
Btw, who better to make the point about immune system strength than a former smoker; drinker, and overweight person.
After hearing the correlation between health and death from covid, i chose to lose 40 lbs (still gone); quit smoking (over 2 years now); and quit booze; also successfully so far. Had i night been able to do this, I wouldn't have rejected the 4th shot.

It's worrisome that false hopes about the boosters perhaps enable folks to forgo making significant efforts towards health.
stanky
Posts: 433
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2022 9:33 am

Re: Science etc.

Post by stanky »

Vinay Prasad makes a compelling case for exactly where the science goes astray, in the case of the covid jabs. His credentials are large; his evidence, straight forward; and he's literate. If one would like to learn more, check it out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I73sf1s ... rasadMDMPH

I'd love to know what lies he's telling.
Post Reply