Science etc.

Start here
arthwollipot

Re: Science etc.

Post by arthwollipot »

stanky wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 5:14 pmfuck off with the evidence. Open your eyes.

we've got a problem.
Intelligence.
Wow. So the problem is that people are just too smart and too reliant on evidence?
stanky

Post by stanky »

hardly.

too arrogant to see the downside of human achievement; too fragile to have their rosier pre-conceptions shattered.

It's finally being addressed and the corruption is changing public opinion concerning trusted institutions. Who knew that the NY Times would run propaganda pieces? Or that Harvard had corrupt scientists and bribe able admittance policy and was a good ol' boy network that runs a scam? Or that big pharma could no longer be trusted, for good reason (and long before the covid srtuff)? And that the Pentagon can't account for it's spending, nor, evidently does it need to? Down under is different. Very much so. It's the U.S. that is awakening to its own lies and crimes. It's a tough pill to swallow and its caused divisiveness.

For instance, the reason why the latest vaccine booster isn't going over, by your recognition, is perhaps due to the proliferation of disinformation by ignorant, unscientific conspiracy theorists.
My take is that enough shit has been swallowed that a vote of "No confidence" has emerged. By 'shit', i mean corruption. In the once trusted media; the value of college; the tasteless fruit; the Ponzi schemes and blackmail artists (Epstein-ish) the hypocrisy and doubt in electoral politics and on and on.

It's all one package. It fits together. That's impossible not to see, isn't it? Boeing. Defense. Pentagon. Campaign contribution. Cush gig as lobbyist or figure head on board of directors; Clarence Thomas; Thanos; Billionaire origin stories; lying ancient white fucks running for King against the will of the people; the dumb-ass prick in congress that somehow went to Yale or Harvard or both, and yeah...some really shitty science. You can smell it. Regular folks equate it with science. I equate it with arrogance. Science was employed to create it; media to lie about it; military to spew it around the globe. Team effort; hopeless mess; medicine's placebo effect wearing off...

all enabled, imho, by the collective belief in our intelligence and superiority.
That pride in being the "crown of creation" allowed us, with the help of the best scientists, and most educated generation, has brought us here. The vaccine is merely an annoyance in the backdrop. You think it works; site facts. I think it's a scam and doesn't work. No facts. Suppressed data. Censored media. Fudged tests. Your facts, sited? Speculation mixed with obfuscation. Should one ask about the role of comorbidities, for instance, in the death tally attributed to covid, one enters touchy territory. Probably an anti-vaxer, right?

In the U.S., over 90% of the "covid deaths" had 4 co-morbidities. How to decide what's to blame in that death? Does that look like hard science to you? How about the ever growing evidence of post vaccine issues? Can that continue to be discounted in the equation?
Good grief.
Meanwhile, we're back to gain of function research with covid viruses. We trust that no leakage can occur, right? Never does. And nothing nefarious, ever.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Just vote Trump - you're preaching the same lies the insane right do, so join 'em!
stanky wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:39 pmIt's finally being addressed and the corruption is changing public opinion concerning trusted institutions.
Perfect reason to vote R.
stanky wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:39 pmOr that big pharma could no longer be trusted, for good reason (and long before the covid srtuff)?
What was the cancer survival rate in 1950 v 2020? Big pharma didn't make any of the drugs I guess.
stanky wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:39 pmFor instance, the reason why the latest vaccine booster isn't going over, by your recognition, is perhaps due to the proliferation of disinformation by ignorant, unscientific conspiracy theorists.
100% correct.
stanky wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:39 pmMy take is that enough shit has been swallowed that a vote of "No confidence" has emerged. By 'shit', i mean corruption. In the once trusted media; the value of college; the tasteless fruit; the Ponzi schemes and blackmail artists (Epstein-ish) the hypocrisy and doubt in electoral politics and on and on.
Let's face it stank - it's the Joos. Take that one last step and you're in!
stanky wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:39 pmYour facts, sited?
As opposed to your complete lack of use of facts or evidence, as under.
stanky wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:39 pm In the U.S., over 90% of the "covid deaths" had 4 co-morbidities.
False.
https://www.factcheck.org/2022/01/parti ... ctiveness/

But good on you for swallowing the conspiracy line.
stanky wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:39 pmHow about the ever growing evidence of post vaccine issues? Can that continue to be discounted in the equation?
Absolutely, becasue the narrative you're reading is false and propagated by the antivax lobby. The likes of your boy RFK jr are big promoters of the lie.
stanky wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:39 pm Meanwhile, we're back to gain of function research with covid viruses.
As already discussed, you don't even know what that means.
stanky

Post by stanky »

Your need for categorization is stunning. I don't remotely fit that mold you describe. Nor do you ever address any of the many troublesome aspects of the 'pandemic', such as booster advice that is suspect; the role of natural immunity; the censorship of virologists and other doctors that expressed concerns early on.

The science you lean on in this is absurd. How many lives saved by the vaccine? How many taken by the virus? Those numbers are pure fudge. Describing how they are derived is as far from factual reporting as one gets. It's subjective as hell, leaning heavily toward pushing the vaccine. The vaccine didn't do its job. Didn't prevent the spread; didn't give immunity; didn't do much, really, and now, will require endless boosters. Still, passionate defenders of the protocol ignore any harm that came from its intrusion. I'm neutral about it until i find things that are with held and it raises a flag. I've told you, i took three shots of Moderna before becoming a foaming at the mouth republican. My college major was organic chemistry but i do alchemy now. The astrologic of the numerologist's pineal gland gism all hail lord woo, etc.
no.

pure and simple, there was some questionable science that couldn't be questioned. That's never good. The drug companies themselves deserve the doubt they've fostered over the years. Just before the virus, Pfizer was fined 2 billion; largest ever, for fraud regarding a drug. My antivaxness is specific to this one event. My politics, if any, is anti-war/pro human rights/pro environmental basic Scandinavian model; past the two big ones here; fuck 'em; don't think it much matters anyway. Or that it's a play for our amusement as power acts as it will.

Some cynical shit here. Can't imagine why you take part. NZ vs US...maybe we have more conspiracies here. Worse health care; nastier military; more religious zealotry...and corruption. It's time to get it while you can now. wild west. yee-haw.
(as a Trumper, i'm armed to the teeth)
sparks

Post by sparks »

No evidence, no discussion.

Off to hell prick..
stanky

Post by stanky »

Sparks, as usual, you offer nothing but your vitriol. Here's the obvious evidence and why i initially became bothered with the 'official' line regarding the covid fiasco:

Any whisper of doubt; any question regarding any aspect of the policies surrounding the pandemic is/was met with abnormal vitriol and punishment. As it has happened here.
See how it goes? I mention RFK jr being a better choice than Trump or Biden and I'm suddenly cancelled; I'm an anti-vaxer; I'm a Trump republican; a wooster, and so on...
It's THAT bizarre and heavy handed reaction that set off the alarms for me.

Beyond that, it comes down to one's willingness to use critical thinking.
I've not had a single point addressed with anything resembling science.
Yet, i've had a barrage of insults handed at me.
That's odd. Why this bizarre reaction? Why so touchy?
Why such atypical reaction from the crowd that prides itself on scrutiny and scientific inquiry?
When else have any of you hopped on a company line so willingly an whole heatedly like it's suddenly your religion?
In Pfizer i trust! In MSNBC i trust! In Biden i trust! Any whisper to the contrary will be met with incredible vitriol. Lives will be destroyed over it. People that once mistrusted the media's bias suddenly over-looked the warning signs of malfeasance.

It's easy to see how this strange behavior could send a confused person into the 'enemy' camp.
In my case, that's not what's happened. Though, it's too late. TA has spoken. I'm an anti-vaxer hard core republican now that doesn't understand science at all and has no curiosity or ability to glean the truth from the hodge podge of data we're all exposed to.

Everything you're proud to believe, to the point of cancelling non-believers, is in my background. I' know what you know. I've read the same stuff. Studied it. Worked in the field of 'it'. Some of it, I've questioned....like, the censorship; like this reaction.
It's seriously fucked up.

It reminds me of critique on Israel's recent activities: One mild question, and your an anti-semite. I*'ve had that happen, too. Even though i've had Jewish pals all my life; Jewish girlfriends. Imagine my surprise to suddenly be an anti-Semite!

And now, you and TA and probably Arth have convinced yourself that the seriously flawed pandemic reaction was just fine; the company line is accurate; expecting less from the vaccine is fine; big pharma deserves all of its windfall; and Western medicine will save us all, if we just put more trust in our leadership.

I have heard and read everything you'd bother to link in this debate, if you ever did that...but you don't. TA does..but it's always the same tired b.s. that has been shoved down our throats, and it simply can't permit a peek at any alternate take on it.
I've supplied plenty of evidence. It is either ignored or mocked. Or it's not in an approved format? wtf?

There's just crickets.

Why does the cdc recommend that everyone over 6 months of age, get the Covid booster?
How about just answering that one question. (Which you haven't and can't) and we could go from there?

That might work better than the name calling stuff. It's seriously fucked up. And it's a phenomena that has radiated outward in an absurd way and created a blind spot in our normal reasonable behavior. I'm not the blind one here. I'm the one with the background in medical science with the kids that had all their vaccines. I detest Trump and have since he first appeared in the media circus when he was simply a racist wannabe elite real estate tycoon with some mental illness, known for stiffing labor and having low class sensibilities.
(I also know about Biden's past. Alarming to me. Obama too; seen through his magic spell too. I guess that's when i became a racist, right? When i mentioned my disappointment after voting for him, when he basically signed on to Goldman Sachs for his cabinet, immediately after winning with an opposite line of appeal.

You fucking asshole, sparky! Can't you see that i'm defending the method? That i'm saddened by the propaganda being accepted over any normal scrutiny? Stunned by the heavy-handed censorship of highly credible scientists; mind blown by the sudden willingness of otherwise smart people , to reject the humanity of 1/2 the population over some sleezy re-distribution of wealth by the usual characters...which otherwise would have been rejected as the crap it is.

Tell me again how great the vaccine is! Give me the number again of how many lives it saved and how many died because they refused the jab. That's some of the flakiest 'science' ever swallowed by otherwise intelligent people. That's the evidence that is god-like and beyond reproach? Jesus Christ! You honestly deserve Trump because this reaction is what has enabled him.

I'm not that shallow. I don't like Trump any more than i did, just because you're being an asshole. And I love science as much as i ever have. And compromised science, infused with propaganda and corruption really wrankles my undies.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

stanky wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:17 pmI've not had a single point addressed with anything resembling science.
Which pretty much proves beyond doubt you don't know what the word means, because when I've linked to actual science, you ignore it or make up idiotic claims that it's flawed, based on a YouTube video and your own genius.
stanky wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:17 pmAnd now, you and TA and probably Arth have convinced yourself that the seriously flawed pandemic reaction was just fine;
How appropriate that I've just posted at ISF that, in hindsight, I think we should have let the virus run its course and had zero shutdowns.

The world would have had a period of enormous deaths plus the destruction caused by no cops and no doctors, and maybe the clowns like you would have learnt a valuable lesson. As it is, you have plenty of people making false claims to copy.
stanky wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:17 pm I've supplied plenty of evidence. It is either ignored or mocked.
Laughable - you've provided zero evidence and I note you haven't retracted your bullshit claim that "over 90% of deaths had 4+ comorbidities".
stanky wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:17 pm There's just crickets.
Yep, that's all I hear. I proved you wrong and you skate right past it while expecting us to take note of the drivel you post, with zero evidence.

Ho hum.
stanky

Post by stanky »

back on topic:

Been reading Carlo Rovelli's "The order of time".
(He's a theoretical physicist, specializing in quantum gravity, and has a poetic way of tackling the deep nature of reality.)
No evidence required for the theoretical stuff, but he supplies plenty anyway, with excerpts from great thinkers before him.
I'm not done with the book yet, but there are two pages that gave me a buzz in that they distilled things down until there was only one truth we could be sure of, so far: Heat travels from hot bodies towards cold ones. And not the other way.

Even time, as we know it so far, can go in both directions. Or, at least there are no new equations that prevent that. Time's relativity is relatively (har-har) well known, thanks to Einstein and a few of his peers. Time flows differently between elevations on Earth. We can buy time-pieces on line that are accurate enough to show the different rates of time at sea level and a mountain top. For a shit ton more money, time's variance can be detected and measured between your floor level and your ceiling.

But did you know how time and heat are linked? This is really neat stuff. And i highly recommend this book.
(Anyone that knows me also knows that i have an unquenchable thirst for the latest in scientific discovery and understanding, and that I'm never without a science book on my night stand. I like to share what i learn when possible. It's become difficult of late because no one seems to read anymore or they're too busy to look up from the device in their hand. Or, in the case of here, they can't see past my other life's work, bombing abortion clinics, polishing my ar-15's, and sucking Trump's mushroom dick.

Fellas, beware of becoming zealots. Critical thinking requires entry into uncomfy zones sometimes. It is useful to be familiar with various sides of the debates and to avoid the temptation to be intellectually lazy or dishonest.
Frankly, i resent even being dragged down into defending that which can stand by its own merit. You should be past this point by now.
We should be solving the real problems. Instead, we're about to go to war over manufactured disagreement. We're all linked now, due to the homogenization of journalism, science research, health care and 'defense'. Just like the woo agenda being a 'package deal' (flat earth goes with climate denying, astrology, faith healing and so on) the liberal, more educated and modern angle is also a package deal.
A Biden democrat will watch CNN with a non-critical eye and reject Fox news as propaganda. They see electric cars as a move in the right direction.

Not me. I can't endure Fox or CNN. I see them as equal. and shit. I built an electric car in the 70's. I think it's a bad idea. And not because i don't understand. I understand extra. I can even add and subtract. I can analyse the battery contents and the source of the ingredients and the ecological price of the mining and eventual disposal. I could do this amazing thing in the 60's! I could even read!

Been waiting for ya'll to catch up. Santa Claus might die in the effort, but you'll be ok! There's the baby Santa. He's still real. And he fits down your chimney. Making me the enemy of critical thinking is an absurd mistake. I've nothing to lose in it. But you do.
stanky

Post by stanky »

missed TA's laughable response. You've supplied nothing except the sterilized, re-packaged, media acceptable horse shit.
Let's face it:
We don't have access to anything the other doesn't. No inside scoop. I've seen all the usual crap you love. You've inoculated yourself with it to the exclusion of anything that challenges it...as you've been told to do. You can imagine any details that could emerge and can handily reject them before hand. You can even extrapolate on it; fill in the missing bits to blend with your faith. Or whatever you call it.

No worries. I feel for ya'. And i'm not apt to accuse you of forcing transgendering on our kids or any of the other cliched zeitgeist that goes with the radical woke agenda that you must embrace because you bought the covid scam, full bore.
It's the refuge of the ill-equipped. 3rd grade tactic.

I've no doubt that i'll be redeemed in this as more is revealed. You'll eventually be forced to swallow the facts. Maybe you'll even wonder how it could get like this. Maybe you'll become a champion of critical thinking.

most likely, it won't matter.

for the kids? That's different.

I wish you and yours well, for what it's worth.
Sparky, too.

stuff's so tainted now, it's absurd for me to hang out where i'm in conflict with the 'bent' of the site.
The polite thing for me is to bail out. I've nothing to learn from you, and don't feel as compelled to connect as i use to.
(My arthritic nerve damage is such that my hands go numb when i try to type. Way too slow, with all the typos from the clumsiness.)

If i split the scene, it's not in a drama queen manner. Honestly, it's more about not being where one isn't needed or wanted.
And things here are about done anyway, no?
All offers for visitors remain. The stankerosa oozes scientific research. I'd love to see the look on some faces here, should they see who i am. And what i do. Not what you'd guess. No guns or Bibles, for starters.
sparks

Post by sparks »

Take a photo of you book shelf.