Science etc.

Start here
arthwollipot

Re: Science etc.

Post by arthwollipot »

sparks wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:34 am Google gene therapy.
I know about gene therapy. In a few cases, an engineered retrovirus can be used for therapeutic purposes. But I don't think that's what you mean.
sparks

Post by sparks »

Yes it is what I mean. Gene therapy requires that we modify a bug to do our bidding.

Engineering.

Perhaps I'm mis applying the terms? Please correct me if you think I'm wrong. BTW, how is it you know about gene therapy?
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

sparks wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:18 pm Yes it is what I mean. Gene therapy requires that we modify a bug to do our bidding.

Engineering.

Perhaps I'm mis applying the terms? Please correct me if you think I'm wrong. BTW, how is it you know about gene therapy?
I know about gene therapy because some loser on another forum was spreading disinformation about the COVID vaccine being gene therapy, so I looked into it in order to be able to debunk such patent rubbish.

But you weren't talking about effective therapeutic interventions, were you?
sparks

Post by sparks »

OK. You are clearly going to insist that gene therapy is different than gene engineering.

Have fun with that. :)
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

Well obviously. Gene therapy is used as therapy. It is medicine. Genetic engineering isn't always done for medicinal purposes, which it is why it's irrelevant to this discussion.

Don't beat around the bush. Say that you believe COVID was an engineered virus. You know you want to.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

I doubt he was saying that. Don´t get sparky upset.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cz6qXqhM ... I2Ng%3D%3D
stanky

Post by stanky »

wow.

wonder if that's doctored?
or i'm tripping.
sparks

Post by sparks »

Arth:

No. I don't know if covid was engineered or not.

Why is it important to you that I say so?

Easiest way for you to dismiss me and claim a big "win".

I think not.
stanky

Post by stanky »

arthwollipot wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:47 am Well obviously. Gene therapy is used as therapy. It is medicine. Genetic engineering isn't always done for medicinal purposes, which it is why it's irrelevant to this discussion.

Don't beat around the bush. Say that you believe COVID was an engineered virus. You know you want to.
Glad to know the rules of what's relevant to the discussion.
In the spirit of irrelevance, then, i'll say this:
Experiments are done at microscopic levels, with the purpose of altering that agent...this for the purposes of war...both the legal and illegal type.
Very much trust needed in various joint ventures. I'm sure if any American bio-labs are fooling around with tweeked viruses, it would be for the sake of understanding protection, should our enemies resort to that sort of poo-pooed warfare. I can't prove it with evidence, but i'm certain that our record is spotless and no breeches of security have ever happened.

If any one has anything negative to say about the covid vaccines, i'll meet you outside and be forced to punch you in the head. and what not.
stanky

Post by stanky »

This guy is good at showing how easy it is to get both answers, depending on fine tuning the data being searched:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDY7XYm ... rasadMDMPH