A very depressing video from Gaza

Start here
arthwollipot

Re: A very depressing video from Gaza

Post by arthwollipot »

Meadmaker wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:04 amOf course, that takes it as a given that the decision makers, i.e. Netanyahu and friends, don't really think of the civilians as real people, but only as pawns in a game.
Only inasmuch as they think about civilians at all, which I contend that they do not. Civilians are irrelevant. At best, a distraction. They certainly do not factor into military decisions.
If you're not on edge, you're taking up too much space.
grayman

Post by grayman »

arthwollipot wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:33 am
Meadmaker wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 5:04 amOf course, that takes it as a given that the decision makers, i.e. Netanyahu and friends, don't really think of the civilians as real people, but only as pawns in a game.
Only inasmuch as they think about civilians at all, which I contend that they do not. Civilians are irrelevant. At best, a distraction. They certainly do not factor into military decisions.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Fuck, that's clever.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

The root of the problem:
meme2.png
meme2.png (245.85 KiB) Viewed 568 times
stanky

Post by stanky »

Yeah, man.

Racial pride causes racism, imo. It's a tendency to self-identify as a particular race, in a way that assumes its superiority and insists on retaining the traits of that, to the dismay of evolution...as in, in gets in-bred. Rape becomes the avenue for genetic diversity, usually in wars. Slavery too.
How can you have slaves if you don't feel superior to them? How can you shoot someone if you don't hate them?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

stanky wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:10 pm Yeah, man.

Racial pride causes racism, imo. It's a tendency to self-identify as a particular race, in a way that assumes its superiority and insists on retaining the traits of that, to the dismay of evolution...as in, in gets in-bred. Rape becomes the avenue for genetic diversity, usually in wars. Slavery too.
How can you have slaves if you don't feel superior to them? How can you shoot someone if you don't hate them?
I love the way we agree on this.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

When Hamas undertook their raid on Israel, my best mate - whose mother is Jewish - asked me what I thought would happen as a result.

I told him that Israel would retaliate by flattening Gaza, killing squillions of people, and would reap the rewards of that for the next generation.

Pity old Randi croaked and his million dollar challenge stopped.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/antisemi ... 5896f634b7
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

Has everyone read Rudyard Kipling's "The Female of the Species"?

This is what he meant:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjy0wpdSAI0

(For people who don't watch youtube links, there's a few female tank crews who fought on October 7. They are being highly praised for killing a large number of terrorists. And they seemed very happy about it. When one of them said "great fun", I thought that maybe Rudyard had a point.)
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

But who will inherit Kemmerich’s boots?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Meadmaker wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:24 pm Has everyone read Rudyard Kipling's "The Female of the Species"?
I hope they have now. My mum used to quote it when she was pissed off at my dad.
Meadmaker wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:24 pmWhen one of them said "great fun", I thought that maybe Rudyard had a point.)
That's truly fucking sickening.

Yet again we end up with a situation where both sides are wrong, but Israel has the ability not to be but persists anyway.