Start here
sparks

Re: Life's better moments.

Post by sparks »

One tractor pull at a time
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

stanky wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:17 pm i got lucky yesterday.
cut a tree down that was a tough call.
a species i like, alive...but in the way.
By my pathetic edict.

tree huggers don't take it lightly, but it was also threatening a bunch of stuff to fell it, so i vacillated for several days.
at dusk, wham!
did it.
she dropped perfectly. Mary to a pic of how it fell, missing some delicate art stuff by 1/4"; missing the wood shed by an inch.
blue beech is amazing wood. i cut it up for firewood but saved the main trunk for a friend's sawmill. It's also called muscle wood. Perhaps the strongest wood in North America. Grows real slow, in shade; never gets very big.

now, how to move it? i've lost my super powers.
Find some illegal aliens (güeys mojados) in front of the hardware store and pay them to do that.
stanky

Post by stanky »

You been to my town. it's not that kind of hardware store. Besides, where will i get money?
No, this may be a job for
SCIENCE!!
(if i could remember what a lever does....
i could lever the log with its own branches.
feels wrongish, like eating chicken and eggs together

don't know where to put it neither. that's a constant puzzle here. probably everywhere.
but more pronounced if you stay put and feel the cumulative weight of the slowly growing tonnage in slow disrepair.
no garbage truck drives to el stankerosa
wood ain't garbage unless i leave it out for the rain and termites.

people use to toss junk off cliffs around here. funny how relatively inoffensive the older dumps are. mostly rusting stuff. plastic hadn't arrived yet. we're trying to withdraw from our plastic habit. damn tricky. i hate the look of it in the woods. rusting tractor, not so much.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

Admin wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 8:59 pm The quail would already be getting served up. They are fucking delicious!
Gila monster thinks quail eggs are too. But it was headed the other way, two pics taken maybe fifty yards apart today. Springtime in the Sonoran desert.

thumbnail (26).jpeg
thumbnail (26).jpeg (156.97 KiB) Viewed 35 times
thumbnail (28).jpeg
thumbnail (28).jpeg (236.53 KiB) Viewed 35 times