Life's better moments.

Start here
arthwollipot

Re: Life's better moments.

Post by arthwollipot »

I remember Wildcat. He and I butted heads about guns back in the day.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Di Wundrin wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:44 pm Yea ! avatar works.
Am I the first or last to find those tiny arrows behind the username in the Last post column that take you directly to the last post in the thread??
I'd say last, but stanky may have input.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

arthwollipot wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:49 pm I remember Wildcat. He and I butted heads about guns back in the day.
He's infinitely worse than he was after ten years in an echo chamber.

You just know he's itching to pull his concealed gun and start pulling the trigger.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

Admin wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:43 am
arthwollipot wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:49 pm I remember Wildcat. He and I butted heads about guns back in the day.
He's infinitely worse than he was after ten years in an echo chamber.

You just know he's itching to pull his concealed gun and start pulling the trigger.
That doesn't particularly surprise me. He was always on that trajectory. Unlike people like Ranb, RenaissanceBiker and even Quad4_72 whom I saw as halfway reasonable gun owners. I disagreed with them on a lot of things, but they were amenable to reason and relatively polite.
grayman

Post by grayman »

Science!

sparks

Post by sparks »

Brilliant!

Wonder what happened to the self named 'Rainbow Children?
stanky

Post by stanky »

Admin wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:42 am
Di Wundrin wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:44 pm Yea ! avatar works.
Am I the first or last to find those tiny arrows behind the username in the Last post column that take you directly to the last post in the thread??
I'd say last, but stanky may have input.
yeah, i still haven't found them.
grayman

Post by grayman »

Di Wundrin

Post by Di Wundrin »

Yep! That's him! Image
stanky

Post by stanky »

sparks wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:32 am Brilliant!

Wonder what happened to the self named 'Rainbow Children?
Funny about the rainbow family...

It began as an anarchist event, open to anyone, that was held annually in a National Forest. These gatherings often numbered as high as 20,000 hippy stoner types. Afaik, they are still happening. They began shortly after the Woodstock festival. Lots of the participants made it a lifestyle; beyond the 2 week camping event that centered on the 4th of July. Back then, the "rainbow" didn't imply "gay". I went to a few of them, early on. They seemed less gay than a normal cross section of Americans...possibly because of the rough accommodations. I may have been mistaken about this. If anything, the focus was more about LSD than any other single factor.

In my day, there were 'freaks' and 'straights. "Freak" meant someone with long hair that had tripped. Straights looked straight. It had no sexual preference connotations. The queers co-opted the rainbow for their own. The "freaks", by default, were suddenly lumped with the conservative 'straights'...as long as either were hetero sexual.

Now that I'm an old white guy, my sexuality and drug use have become irrelevant. I do enjoy a rainbow, however. Who doesn't? It has no sexual connotation, any more than the northern lights do.

(Wish we had rainbow lorakeets here.)