Life's better moments.

Start here
Di Wundrin

Life's better moments.

Post by Di Wundrin »

If this doesn't make your day you are going to have a really lousy day.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1609601605468573702
Admin
Site Admin

Re: Life's better moments.

Post by Admin »

Yeah, that's cool. The kid's sight must have been terrible - those lenses look like bulletproof glass.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

President Bush

Post by President Bush »

grayman

Post by grayman »

Di Wundrin

Post by Di Wundrin »

Hi fellas, just dropping a good will offering off ...well, a feel good offering anyway, relax it's not cats.

Our Old Fart's forum was well and truly toe tagged when the server changed over so we're busy setting up a new forum at the moment.
I'll try to drop by to annoy you all more often when things settle down.

Hope you all survived the "cheerful" season intact.

I knew some Tennessee Walking horse fans on a forum years ago and this took my interest. There's been some controversy about their 'training methods' but judging from this little champion that gait seems to be genetically imprinted. I bet the cheque books are lined up for blocks to buy this little fella in a year or two. nice little scene at the end when the kid gets a bit star struck and Mum stamps the foot to get into line and leave the 'stage'. :lol:

enjoy.
https://www.google.com/search?q=dancing ... pI8n4JEJXg
sparks

Post by sparks »

Which linky?
Di Wundrin

Post by Di Wundrin »

The link at the bottom of the post worked for me, but this might be a better one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pI8n4JEJXg

Whats going on with new links opening over the top of forums address?? used to open a new window .. casualty of the server changer over??

Never mind, still trying to get through the minefield of the new Old Farts forum, on a totally different format. I'm getting new 'tech' overload and you know how easily that happens, ;) .
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Di Wundrin wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:07 amOur Old Fart's forum was well and truly toe tagged when the server changed over so we're busy setting up a new forum at the moment.
I'm still utterly gobsmacked about it.

To have something so good that isn't compatible with 2023 software is just fucking wrong.

We sold a lot of t-shirts over here in the early '70s promoting the "Punch a Pom a Day" campaign. I'm re-starting it as "Punch a Programmer a Day".
Di Wundrin wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:07 am I knew some Tennessee Walking horse fans on a forum years ago and this took my interest. There's been some controversy about their 'training methods' but judging from this little champion that gait seems to be genetically imprinted.
Partly, but it's more "see mummy, copy mummy" like any animal does.

As to the training - yeah, they wouldn't want the horsewhip around the colt's backside going viral. Our Olympic legend, Mark Todd, got himself in the shit for beating a horse with a branch not long ago, and the TAB cuts the shot when the starter gets the big whip out on horses too slow to get in the stalls.
Di Wundrin wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:18 pmWhats going on with new links opening over the top of forums address?? used to open a new window .. casualty of the server changer over??
No, that and the inability to multi-quote are courtesy of the clever people at the PHPBB firm that writes the software. Imagine a builder who decided to thatch his roofs instead of use tiles or steel - he'd be laughed out of town, but that's exactly what these shithead programmers do.

It might be changeable in the admin site, but I've been too pissed off to find out yet. I can't even create new users with this version.

Thank fuck software guys don't design cars, we'd all be loading up with coal to keep the boiler going.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

Admin wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 10:48 pmWe sold a lot of t-shirts over here in the early '70s promoting the "Punch a Pom a Day" campaign. I'm re-starting it as "Punch a Programmer a Day".
Developers have a bit of a reputation here in the Service Desk world. At the risk of generalising, developers have a tendency to approach entry-level agents with highly technical issues, assuming that they know everything that the developer knows about software development, they're incapable of explaining technical subjects to a lay audience, and furthermore they have a sense of entitlement that theirs is the most important job, which is more urgent than anything else, and they should receive priority service despite being unpleasant and belligerent when their assumptions are not immediately confirmed.

My advice to agents when confronted by a developer like this is to ask them to put their request in writing. That way we can be sure of getting their exact requirements correct without the risk of mis-transcribing, and let's face it a lot of them have strong accents and so can be difficult to understand even when they're not talking technically. But if we can copy/paste their server and script names we're less likely to get something wrong along the way. Most of the developers who have been with us long-term have become used to this requirement now. There's occasionally an email back and forth while we get additional required information, but ultimately it's easier and less stressful for everyone.