Life's better moments.

Start here
Di Wundrin

Re: Life's better moments.

Post by Di Wundrin »

Not fretting over Old Farts TA, We've been having to find lifeboats off sinking forums for years, we're adjusting fast.
I can recall at least 5 that just 'died' on us, or were taken over when the owner abandoned them and the domain name was sold. You'd log in one morning to find yourself in the middle of a whole different world! and scarper fast after deleting everything possible from the past posts. heady times.

We've gone with Proboards, I've looked in on a few of theirs but there's bells and whistles we're still finding. Looks to be suited to our limited needs.
We're not Benjamin Button so our membership is more likely to shrink than expand. All sweet. Tks for your help with OF in the past, appreciated. muchly. But there's a time to pull the plug and that was it.

Sorry Recog has been such a titsup, I can't understand that stuff, IT illiterate, so all I can do is sympathise.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

ISF is still going pretty strong, despite a slowly declining membership base. The SGU Forums are a bit rockier - there's a hard core base of about a dozen people, some of whom disagree with each other rather vehemently and who carry arguments across multiple threads. But it still exists despite having been abandoned by the original owners. Those two and here are the only traditional forums I use.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Skeptical Community used to be ok, but the non-insane members have gradually been crowded out by Wildcat, Dr X, Ed and a couple of others.

ISF is the only shining light, being still quite busy, but the commitment of icerat seems pretty low.
Di Wundrin

Post by Di Wundrin »

Admin wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:08 am Skeptical Community used to be ok, but the non-insane members have gradually been crowded out by Wildcat, Dr X, Ed and a couple of others.

ISF is the only shining light, being still quite busy, but the commitment of icerat seems pretty low.
I think I'm too old to try ISF these days, it made joining difficult when it switched from JFREF and I just walked away. Never did go back.
The fire in the belly burns low these days :D

Whaddya think of the new avatar?? I'm getting better looking every day. Pity about the size, she's got better legs than I ever had.
Now I notice youve increased the avatar size? damn.
grayman

Post by grayman »

Di Wundrin wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:33 am

Whaddya think of the new avatar?? I'm getting better looking every day.
I have a sticker on my motorcycle helmet that says, "The older I get, the better I was".
Di Wundrin

Post by Di Wundrin »

grayman wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:56 pm
Di Wundrin wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:33 am

Whaddya think of the new avatar?? I'm getting better looking every day.
I have a sticker on my motorcycle helmet that says, "The older I get, the better I was".
To put a brighter spin on it, we musta bin good at something to have gotten older at all! Plenty haven't. :?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Di Wundrin wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:33 amWhaddya think of the new avatar?? I'm getting better looking every day. Pity about the size, she's got better legs than I ever had.
Now I notice youve increased the avatar size? damn.
Very cool!

The new size is 250k, so you can upload pretty well anything.
Di Wundrin

Post by Di Wundrin »

Puter still says nup,. she reported pouting fetchingly.

The submitted avatar is 97 pixels wide and 214 pixels high. Avatars must be at least 20 pixels wide and 20 pixels high, but no larger than 150 pixels wide and 150 pixels high.

Not to worry though, duzzen madder.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Now set to 250 x 250, so have another go.

It's not a big deal.
Di Wundrin

Post by Di Wundrin »

Yea ! avatar works.
Am I the first or last to find those tiny arrows behind the username in the Last post column that take you directly to the last post in the thread??

Cooool feature. there's a little "back to top" one in the lower corner of the avatar box just above the page count to.. :)