Start here
stanky

Re: ISF Dead...

Post by stanky »

have i no shame?
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

stanky wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:27 pmhave i no shame?
How about ¨have i no shame¨ as username with trump´s mugshot as your avatar?
grayman

Post by grayman »

President Bush wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 7:54 pm
stanky wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:27 pmhave i no shame?
How about ¨have i no shame¨ as username with trump´s mugshot as your avatar?
Win.
stanky

Post by stanky »

now that i've been exposed as a right wing, anti-science Trump lover, taking that name might feel "post-ironic". Might go over as well as my Wildman Fisher tribute band. Nobody understood us.
(Although my enunciation was impeccable)

I'm still wrestling with the reaction i've gotten here (and in my actual neighborhood) when suggesting that RFK Jr would be a better choice than Biden or Trump. I still think that's true. Maybe because those guys suck?
And vaccines are sacred territory?
Jr is damn smart; highly educated; and honest. He's not senile or ancient yet; in good physical shape; and seems willing to tackle the root problem. No one else comes near that. He's anti-war; anti-corruption in political money shenanigans, and able to name the most offensive corporate actors. He speaks as a social democrat.
But he's got that one big issue...the vaccine mandates.

That's enough to somehow ignore the empty rhetoric of a lifetime phony like Biden? Excuse his penchant for bombing? Ignore his sweetheart deals for insurers? His fumbling, lying, molesty persona?
What's become of relativity?

no matter. voting doesn't count, anyway. And the one's most appalled (here) by RFK jr aren't even Americans.
There's quite a number of smart and influential people that have endorsed him, btw. Enthusiastically. He polls competitively well, despite getting the "Bernie Treatment" from the media,

Yet, his attitude regarding this one issue (vaccine mandates) is bad enough to overlook the option's bleak reality on nearly everything else. So bad, in fact, that otherwise polite people will turn to throwing insults at anti-war activists and civil rights champions. (Yeah, me)

some explaining would be in order, if possible. I don't want to leave with any lingering unpleasant feelings.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

stanky wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:18 pm There's quite a number of smart and influential people that have endorsed him, btw. Enthusiastically. He polls competitively well, despite getting the "Bernie Treatment" from the media,
1% is what he polls, so I don't know where you get that statement from.

https://today.yougov.com/politics/artic ... kennedy-jr
stanky

Post by stanky »

that data seems questionable, considering the initial stats.
If i read it correctly, he'd win if Biden or Trump died first?

Polling data is always questionable. Especially lately.
The way the questions are framed, and even the sequence, can affect the outcome greatly.

If the 1% is accurate, he won't need to be assassinated. That's nice.
I don't hold out much hope for leadership that challenges corporate power or the Patriot Act revisions on liberty and justice for all.
Looks more likely that change will come via the edicts of environmental adjustments.

Comes down to heat flow dynamics.

One caveat of the Biden/Trump show: either way will be interesting. Or horrifying. If Trump wins, liberals will lose their shit as the right wing advances the new deal with malice and if Trump loses, as he says, "Bedlam".

Fun
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

The only "bedlam" that will occur if he loses is the bedlam he will foment himself.
stanky

Post by stanky »

Turns out, Trump's words about a blood bath were taken out of context. He was referring to the auto industry.
(Disclaimer: I can't stomach Trump.)
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

No, I read it was going to be a bubble bath for the entire used car industry ie a free bubble bath for your 1976 Ford Granada when Trump wins. MAGA!
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

stanky wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:45 pm Turns out, Trump's words about a blood bath were taken out of context. He was referring to the auto industry.
(Disclaimer: I can't stomach Trump.)
That kerfuffle really pissed me off. I didn't read the stories beyond the headlines about Trump's "bloodbath" quote. I just figured it was yet another stupid thing he said. I didn't bother to read what he actually said. I assumed he said some highly inflammatory statement that he could weasel out of saying he said it. His followers would be crazy and possibly go overbaord to make it happen, but he would deny that's what he meant. I figured it probably wasn't quite as bad as the headlines were implying, but more like his other statements that led people to do stupid things.

As it turns out, the headlines were just plain misleading. Lies in all but the literal sense. The headlines, and in some cases some of the story text, which I read later, were about as close as you could get to lying while maintining some sort of marginal deniability.

In context, what he said may not be correct, but it was impossible to misinterpret as any sort of call to or prediction of violence.

There's no need to lie about Trump. What he actually says is bad enough. The people desperately trying to bring him down always end up boosting him up.