Planet America

Start here
arthwollipot

Re: Planet America

Post by arthwollipot »

Can someone please tell me just what the absolute everlasting FUCK is going on over there right now?
If you're not on edge, you're taking up too much space.
grayman

Post by grayman »

arthwollipot wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:04 am Can someone please tell me just what the absolute everlasting FUCK is going on over there right now?
Well, there was a shooting, the security detail never covered Trump with a ballistic blanket, slowly ushered him out with a few pauses for photo ops (Never mind that there could have been a second shooter), and now the country is going to be more divided than ever from that turd.

Meanwhile, I've been reading this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichstag_fire
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

arthwollipot wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:04 am Can someone please tell me just what the absolute everlasting FUCK is going on over there right now?
A U.S. citizen (unconfirmed) was exercising his 2nd amendment rights, when he was shot dead by Secret Service agents.

Someone else was also shot dead. And at least two others critically injured.

So far, only a few hours after the incident, I see only a few morons in the news trying to make political hay out of it.

Right now, the prevailing story was that Trump was hit in the ear, but is safe.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

I'm watching NBC News. The focus is, of course, on Trump, but they have shown someone else being carried away I think he is dead. There's blood on the bleachers nearby. There were mutliple shots.

So, I think multiple people in the crowd were hurt, and possibly one dead.

There's no news about how the shooter was killed. He was apparently outside of the rally on a nearby rooftop.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

grayman wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 12:14 am Well, there was a shooting, the security detail never covered Trump with a ballistic blanket, slowly ushered him out with a few pauses for photo ops (Never mind that there could have been a second shooter), and now the country is going to be more divided than ever from that turd.

Meanwhile, I've been reading this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichstag_fire
Watching the video closely, the parallel with Day of the Jackal is amazing. The shooter was aiming at Trump's right temple and he started to turn back round so the shooter fired, and it would have hit the temple dead on. Trump then turned his head aside again and the bullet only grazed him.

Some people are born lucky.

What happens next will be the interesting part.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

USA! USA!
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

President Bush wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2024 4:30 pm USA! USA!
I can tell you two people outside USA who will be watching all this very closely - Putin and Xi.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

Lots of people will be watching, but when all is said and done, nothing really changed, yet. It depends on how people react. There hasn't been anything remarkable come out today, 24 hours after the shooting.

The shooter seems like a nerd, but beyond that, not much is known. He's a registered Republican, but that doesn't mean much. I'm a "registered Republican" too. What that means is that I voted Republican in the last presidential primary, so I could vote for Nikki Hailey against Donald Trump.

I do find it somewhat curious that Trump has released text statements today, but nothing on video. It makes me wonder if the wound wasn't a little more severe than just catching his ear. We'll find out soon enough. I'm pretty sure he's alive and well and won't have any issues with campaigning, but I would have expected him to get in front of a camera as soon as possible. We'll see. Another thing that makes me think he might have been shake up more than just a nick on the ear is that in one of the videos broadcast of the shooting, he can be hear saying, "Let me get my shoes." That indicates to me he might have been disoriented.

By coincidence, I've been in the emergency room that he was taken to. Butler Memorial is very close to where I go camping every year (Pennsic). One year I took someone to the hospital following an incident that involved alcohol and campfires.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

Who gives a shit about all that? Fuck Donald Trump.

Final game of Copa América coming up in less than an hour. Colombia has been the underdog all through the semifinals. Now they face Lionel Messi and the heavily favored Argentina.

Major excitement tonight here in tiny Monguí.
stanky

Post by stanky »

This one is ripe ground for conspiracy.
Perfect for Donald.
Best photo of him ever; stir the pot; moment of empathy...Biden even pulled a hard hitting ad, polite thing to do, etc.

security was lax, gunman not hidden, people pointing at him. ugh.
It's also a news buster event. other news will lose in its place.
A narcissist wet dream. Trump is the biggest thing ever.

(i just threw-up.)

No need for conspiracies anymore.
Assassination attempts and kills are often rich sources of doubt.
To this day, we don't collectively believe the official story.
That's what I'm told. We're taught to not trust the leadership.
America: We distrust Government!

(quaint, really. can't you see the little flags waving in agreement?)

assassination stuff in the u.s. is always suspect.
now so many spook outfits, some private, not just the c.i.a. anymore.
hard to imagine any consensus of opinion any more.
"All is Conspiracy"

Granny's even in on it.