trump off the CO ballot

Start here
President Bush

Re: trump off the CO ballot

Post by President Bush »

Meadmaker wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2024 5:25 pm
Admin wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2024 4:31 pm
Meadmaker wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2024 12:30 am It is my belief that if she had stood up a few months ago and said

"Males shouldn't be allowed to play in girls' sports." And
"Abortion should be illegal in the third trimester except in cases where it is necessary to save the mother's life," and
"My administration will not support any payments to individuals for reparations related to their ancestors' slavery."

If she had said those things, I believe the election would be over. Trump would have no chance. She didn't. As a result, Donald Trump may very well return to the White House.
Nope. Utter baloney.

The voters to whom those are real issues are already voting Trump.
So what do you think will make the difference for those people? You've heard what Bill Maher and I think about it, but if we're wrong, what is actually the sticking point that prevents them from picking one side or the other?
Voting booth selfie huffing less throat color spray paint over-cringe.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

Admin wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2024 7:26 pm
Meadmaker wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2024 5:25 pmSo what do you think will make the difference for those people? You've heard what Bill Maher and I think about it, but if we're wrong, what is actually the sticking point that prevents them from picking one side or the other?
I think your biggest problem is the vast number of people who don't vote.

Holding the election on a Tuesday is crazy, but that's America.
Certainly more people voting would make a difference, and conventional wisdom is that high turnout favors Democrats.

But that's a bit of ignoring the issue. People do vote, Of those people who are not automatic voters for one party, and are not never Trumpers, what do you think is important to them in making their decision?

I think that for an awful lot of them, they don't like Trump, and they don't like "woke", and they're having trouble deciding which one they like less. I think there's enough of those people that if Kamala had made some staunchly anti-woke statements, she would have the race in the bag.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Meadmaker wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2024 8:34 pm But that's a bit of ignoring the issue. People do vote, Of those people who are not automatic voters for one party, and are not never Trumpers, what do you think is important to them in making their decision?
The economy.

Despite all the good economic news, rents are outstripping wages and people are struggling. Those are people who would naturally vote Democrat, but there needs to be an incentive. Harris is at least trying.
Meadmaker wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2024 8:34 pmI think that for an awful lot of them, they don't like Trump, and they don't like "woke", and they're having trouble deciding which one they like less. I think there's enough of those people that if Kamala had made some staunchly anti-woke statements, she would have the race in the bag.
Nah, it's still bullshit.

If trans people using bathrooms means more to the voters than things like economic stability and world leadership, then they are exactly those insane old cunts I already mentioned.