nature boys part two

Start here
grayman

Re: nature boys part two

Post by grayman »

arthwollipot wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 10:40 pm It's the same space, it's just bigger now.
Happens as you get older.
stanky

Post by stanky »

yet it feels bigger when you're a baby.
stanky

Post by stanky »

there's been some intense nature shows lately around the stankerosa.
my personal space gets a bit wild in summer. took out the windows; door stays open.
i get visitors. there's a bird's nest on my shelf with 5 eggs. the male built it in my straw hat, along with about 4 others. he built the nest in a few hours; did a great job. lined it with some of my hair and a snake skin. i was puzzled when he started bring food to the nest. In retrospect, it lured the female. (wrens, btw.)

around dusk, i usually play guitar by a window opening that looks out at a tiny pond full of snapping turtles, and a field in the background. Deer have been coming every evening. they appear to listen and be intrigued. i play for them. quite the honor. tree frogs also seem drawn to the racket. i've had them come in after dark when i've cranked up the amp and sit on the speaker cabinet. it's almost as loud as their mad chirping in unison when it's time to party.

just saw this fishing video that begins at a natural arch about 20 miles upriver. sometimes i forget how lucky i am.
four kind of trout in a river you can legally float all the way to the gulf of mexico.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNY4oPi ... =FishHeads

(focus is on fishing, but you can see the zone. he sees no other boats or houses on the float, which is how it is...for now.)
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

think maybe I saw you ducking behind at a tree at 18:04.
stanky

Post by stanky »

Bush-whacking has history here. During Civil War, Ky was a border state. Sentiments and loyalties went in 3 directions:
Union; Confederate; and Poor. Some of the local fellas would get by stealing from the soldiers of either side. No one in this area had slaves, though, occasionally, one could be rented.
grayman

Post by grayman »

Hammerhead shark spotted off the Cape Cod coast.

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/ha ... d/3441791/
sparks

Post by sparks »

We're gonna need a bigger boat. Wait, it's just Cape Cod. Fuck 'em. :)
grayman

Post by grayman »

sparks wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2024 4:31 am We're gonna need a bigger boat. Wait, it's just Cape Cod. Fuck 'em. :)
Yeah, but that movie was filmed just across the water on Martha's Vineyard. :)
sparks

Post by sparks »

True. One small tactical nuke should take care of all of it... :shock:
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Hammerheads are fucking cool, and we get a lot of them in NZ. I've tried to catch one a couple of times, but they're smarter than other sharks.

Beautiful fish.