trump off the CO ballot

Start here
stanky

Re: trump off the CO ballot

Post by stanky »

Journalism has suffered a fatal blow. It may have been yesterday that finally killed her. Nothing in particular, just the cumulative effect of consuming half-truths and false hoods and deception with patriotic zeal. Toxic over-load. Now, nothing can be 'believed' in anymore. We greet the world with our doubt. Eventually, we expect people to be liars and cheaters...at which point, impending alienation says "there's no reason not to join them".

it's like a bloody disease
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

Show me anything on TV that isn't edited. I edit my frickin' YouTube videos.
If you're not on edge, you're taking up too much space.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

stanky wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 3:33 am Journalism has suffered a fatal blow. It may have been yesterday that finally killed her. Nothing in particular, just the cumulative effect of consuming half-truths and false hoods and deception with patriotic zeal. Toxic over-load. Now, nothing can be 'believed' in anymore. We greet the world with our doubt. Eventually, we expect people to be liars and cheaters...at which point, impending alienation says "there's no reason not to join them".

it's like a bloody disease
Aw, quit bitching. What did you expect?

However, this is a good site...

https://www.emptywheel.net/
stanky

Post by stanky »

At first, there were only 3 channels and they were more or less identical. Vanilla, chocolate, and strawberry.
Then, Howard Johnson offered 28 flavors. They never had the more obscure ones that some people would order.
Not to be outdone, Baskin Robbins had 52 flavors. They had pitch black licorice ice cream and prune. Expensive scoop, though.
Now, we have over 3 million flavors. Too many to care about flavor at all.
I'm holding out for everyone to have their own.
What did i expect?

Probably to have none. My dad though it was crappy food.
Turns out, that was his flavor.

My new approach is flavored with solid uncertainty and strange action at a distance.
My hunch is that there is a legitimate 'truth' for every perceiver.
(This pisses off people whose preferred flavor is material limits.)

Never cared for the taste, myself.
Hence, the hunch allows the legitimacy of their facts as well as my own tendency to rearrange the pixels as cumulative knowledge suggests. This bias accommodates everyone's perception as legit.

Funny that it doesn't make it any easier to get along. I hadn't figured on the Vanilla lover's insistence that it was the only legit flavor. The next step for someone in this pickle borders on sorcery: They pretend to belong to a specific camp, often with fervor (to hide the true feelings) which gives them a manipulative advantage over the less expansive minds.

I lack the discipline and the passion for that. Though i'm sure some have it. I have enough to prevent being manipulated by such ghouls... according to the arrangement of the pixels i perceive.

Like, what if Jesus was real, and smart enough to know how we'd react...and how he'd be torn to shreds. Wouldn't it be logical for him to disguise himself as his own opposite? Or as a complete nobody. Then, he'd work in secret, perhaps on line. If the smartest man in the world wanted to disguise himself, doing Donald Trump would work. He goes overboard with the stupid. Might be a clue. Harris cackles like a witch i knew. In same vein, it's a fun way to disguise their love for the other. Master manipulaters are likely too clever with their strategies for anyone to know.
Good and Evil have become ambiguous and frequently flip sides. Rooting for other than a balance would be suicidal, as they are co-dependent.

i was fond of journalism's integrity. that was specifically a feature of it, as was honesty in architecture and objectivity in science.
fond of the forest similarly.
it's falling apart, the catalyst being (imho) the killing of insects, and the way it's done. Pollinaters first, then the dominoes fall. Victims include trees, and bats, birds, reptiles, amphibians, wildflowers...everything except the generalists and the omnivorous, are going down fast.

If there's an analogy in all that, or a workable metaphor, it's purely coincidental.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

stanky wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 7:27 pm I hadn't figured on the Vanilla lover's insistence that it was the only legit flavor. The next step for someone in this pickle borders on sorcery:
Stanky says we should have pickles in ice cream!

(My response above is an hommage to modern headline writers' treatment of quotes from people they perceive as opponents.)

In all seriousness, though, your post was rambling, bizarre, and at least mostly correct.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

This is not your father's campaign ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPgQp2VuZwQ

(An official Kamala Harris ad responding to Trump's recent comments about Detroit. I don't know if it will be effective, but it's a mighty fine ad.)
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

President Bush wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 10:38 pm
Admin wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 6:49 pm
Meadmaker wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2024 3:54 amIt doesn't offer him nearly as much protection as a lot of people seem to think.
If another ruling is needed to cement it in stone, I'm sure the supermajority of far-right filth on SCOTUS have his back.
Smith's brief was written specifically in response to SCOTUS ruling on presidential immunity.

Revised case built on evidence that Smith says is admissible under the new rules of the SCOTUS immunity opinion ie using material/evidence not having to do with official presidential duties, so not shielded by immunity... shit Trump did as a candidate, not as the president. Asking the courts to direct that Trump stand trial for his private crimes as would any other person.
Particularities are gone over from Jack Smith’s immunity document in this interview, I think it's really interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESDrB0QPfi0
stanky

Post by stanky »

arthwollipot wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2024 6:04 am Show me anything on TV that isn't edited. I edit my frickin' YouTube videos.
Editing can be done for different intentions, obviously. Brevity, clarity, ambiguity correction, word flow, etc.
Or, it can be done to deceive and mislead; to skirt around the truer meaning; for propaganda's sake.

Maybe 'propaganda is the wrong word. Deception is more universal: common in nature, and often vaguely dark by human ethical fantasies. Propaganda might be embedded in our immune systems, or something analogous.
It's a dog-eat-dog world and maybe a god-eat god universe. Autophagy?

(I've only seen a little of it.)
stanky

Post by stanky »

Thanks.

Abstraction is occasionally useful in communication. It tends to digest with a time lapse; creeps in (sometimes) like a pop song's melody.

"pickle" is likely an American codger word. Does it exist in NZ or Oz? It's when a runner (in baseball) gets caught between bases by two infielders whom toss the ball back and forth, closing in on the runner. One touch of the glove with the ball kills the runner instantly. It's a tough spot to escape...though it happens.

Pickles and ice cream was, at one time, an iconic food desire of the recently pregnant.
If anyone reads this and accidentally spills an opened jar of pickles, 7 hours from now, they should hug their hard copy of Origin of the Species. Trump works this angle. All that matters is him talking nonsense. Repetitiously. With some enthusiasm, and the cult remains down with the hypnosis. Staggeringly true to it's non-cause, in lieu of Don's more recent ramblings, which on the less-far-right side are being called proof of mental decline. Maybe. Thing is, they don't care if he's as disgusting as he is...and in fact, could be more disgusting, far as they go. If that ain't subliminal tricks of the uber-manipulative at work, we'd need to believe that it was a series of mathematical blunders, stumbling into the new look of today, or something more random.

That this election remains neck and neck is utterly bizarre and shameful.
Harris is repugnant to me; as was Hillary and Biden.
But Trump shouldn't be possible. Not even close. Despite her wrongness, and the recent extra-wrongness of media and the party, in principle he should be rejected soundly. This is an exposure of something that must have been festering under the people's mattress. Fox news happened. The flip side didn't. It tried a few times, but sponsorship n insurance and stuff were always ruining it, and second guessing some lowest common denominator audience happened; the dumbing down, the sucking up...Harris has already said she intends to have a republican in her cabinet. Reaching across the aisle, style points and a new partnership? Or actually being republicans. Obama did the same shit. Obama recently roasted DT hard. DT hates Barrack Hussein on all levels.

Jet streams don't bother me, but there might be some advanced hi-tech psychological tools at work.
There's a cyber bug type thing...a stray thought that gets amplified and repeated, disguised within babble.
Fox news can't explain it. He can do whatever he wants. His fans would climb a mountain to vote for him.
And he's out there bragging and lying and telling lazy crap stories to work them up...an they don't really get worked- up.They don't need to. They already did it, and now seem kinda robotic.

that too, on purpose? and why oh why, again, such a compromised candidate for dnc?
smacks of a team effort to me. What else could account for his existence in this race?
They're nurturing each other?
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

Yes, pickles exist here. We don't have the American obsession with them. We don't put them on hamburgers, we don't have them alongside every sandwich. Pretty much the only place you'll commonly see a pickle is the gherkins on the side of a cheeseboard.

The pickling process, yeah. Beetroot are lightly pickled. Branston pickles are great on ham sandwiches. But the thing referred to as "a pickle" is not so often seen.
If you're not on edge, you're taking up too much space.