trump off the CO ballot

Start here
Meadmaker

Re: trump off the CO ballot

Post by Meadmaker »

I read more of the stories. I think Joe will step aside. There's too much pressure against him. I don't know who will take his place, but I think he's gone.

Sadly, though, the two name that are given as replacements, newso!e and harris, are both very weak candidates.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

sparks wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:49 pm Bad enough to see that Smokin' Joe shouldn't be handling his own matches and smokes without supervision. Mango is going to take this one by default. Joe could always step down, but it's doubtful that's in the cards. Besides, does anyone think Kamala could carry it?
Kamala is no chance.

The smart move would be Pete Buttgeig. Young, dynamic, speaks well and would tie the orange cunt in knots.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

Admin wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 3:33 am
sparks wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2024 9:49 pm Bad enough to see that Smokin' Joe shouldn't be handling his own matches and smokes without supervision. Mango is going to take this one by default. Joe could always step down, but it's doubtful that's in the cards. Besides, does anyone think Kamala could carry it?
Kamala is no chance.

The smart move would be Pete Buttgeig. Young, dynamic, speaks well and would tie the orange cunt in knots.
He'd be a good choice. But he is gay, which is a no-no for some parts of America. On the other hand, he is also a war veteran, which must make those parts of America completely insane.

The other name I'm reading a lot is Gavin Newsom.
If you're not on edge, you're taking up too much space.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

The fact that Pete is gay doesn't matter much. The people who won't vote for a gay man won't vote for any Democrat.

Trans is a bigger issue, though. Any candidate who supports full trans rights based solely on self id will lose some votes in the general. Newsome is tainted with that, and his twenty dollar minimum wage law.

In my opinion, Newsome is a media appointed candidate. Not many people know him. Fewer like him. He has name recognition because he is in the news, but he doesn't generate excitement.

That leaves,,...well, there must be someone.

Eta: I think Harris will be the nnominee. Although widely hated, I think her negatives are less than newsome.
Last edited by Meadmaker on Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

He doesn't have to generate excitement, he just has to be better than the alternative, which I remind you is not a high bar.
If you're not on edge, you're taking up too much space.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

arthwollipot wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 9:51 am He doesn't have to generate excitement, he just has to be better than the alternative, which I remind you is not a high bar.
My point about excitement is that no-one would be talking about him except that the media talks about him. He doesn't bring a bunch of supporters. Meanwhile he has negatives.

Better than trump is not a high bar, to me. Better than a typical Democrat is not a high bar for an awful lot, maybe most, Americans.

And I know "woke" is a bit of a peeve with you, but for a lot of Americans, it's a big deal. Clearing a low bar isn't hard, unless you have to start your jump in a hole.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

If and when the Democrats start to concentrate on winning the election Illinois governor JB Pritzker would be a good choce IMO.
stanky

Post by stanky »

Joe is a narcissist.
He thinks he did well.
He won't pull out.

The dems deserve extinction.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

stanky wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 3:11 pm Joe is a narcissist.
He thinks he did well.
He won't pull out.

The dems deserve extinction.
We all have it coming, kid.

https://youtu.be/cAYVS8aRQ1U?si=DYcmozjZBjzLYmBZ&t=122
sparks

Post by sparks »

Indeed we do.

Enjoy while it lasts!