trump off the CO ballot

Start here
sparks

Re: trump off the CO ballot

Post by sparks »

I'm the first one to admit that my country USA!USA!USA! is full of some serious Dumbth, but come on TA. You and yours are human beings too and that means just as capable of The Dumbth.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

The United States institutionalises The Dumbth.
If you're not on edge, you're taking up too much space.
sparks

Post by sparks »

Sorry, I can't agree with you.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

sparks wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 8:24 pm I'm the first one to admit that my country USA!USA!USA! is full of some serious Dumbth, but come on TA. You and yours are human beings too and that means just as capable of The Dumbth.
Nope.

I admit a lot of Kiwis are as stupid as your average rock, but only a tiny fraction of them would vote for a con-man like Trump.

Have a look at our government. By NZ standards it's pretty far right, but it's still a mile to the left of US Democrats, never mind the other cunts.

Other than a small percentage of Maori, Kiwis don't believe any rights are enshrined in a magical document, only a small percentage overall follow the teachings of an invisible sky-fairy, and even today we won't allow nuclear weapons in the country. In America, belief in the sky-fairy is so dominant your president al presidential candidates use bibles; over here, our christian PM is at great pains to downplay his faith and is never seen with a bible.

Kiwis aren't smart but they're orders of magnitude smarter than Americans.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

sparks wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:59 am Sorry, I can't agree with you.
You might like to check out an organisation called the Supreme Court of USA. It's the most venerable and powerful institution in America and boy have they got some fucking morons on it.
grayman

Post by grayman »

Admin wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:38 am
sparks wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:59 am Sorry, I can't agree with you.
You might like to check out an organisation called the Supreme Court of USA. It's the most venerable and powerful institution in America and boy have they got some fucking morons on it.
The best money can buy.
sparks

Post by sparks »

Well now. I guess I should consider that I've just been handed a new ass! Thanks gentlemen, I appreciate your forthrightness.
stanky

Post by stanky »

someday the internet will make us all equally dumb.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

The campaign is officially ugly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca_6NW02GLY

It's a four minute slot from a conservative commentator that includes a new Trump ad. I couldn't find the ad all by itself, but the ad goes directly after Biden's cognitive decline. It starts with "famous quotes by Joe Biden", and goes into clips of him mumbling, forgetting words, reading teleprompter prompts, and generally looking old and decrepit.

It's mocking. It's nasty. It's totally personal. And I think it will be very effective.

The commentator (who I've never heard of. He just showed up in my youtube feed) opines that Biden will step down. He asks the question that everyone ought to be asking. Do you really think this guy can last four years?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Meadmaker wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:35 amIt's mocking. It's nasty. It's totally personal. And I think it will be very effective.
I;m finding it more and more hilarious that the election is being fought between two blokes who I'm 100% certain would pass the test for cognitive decline to the extent they'd get taxpayer-funded care in NZ.