trump off the CO ballot

Start here
stanky

Re: trump off the CO ballot

Post by stanky »

in trying to make sense of voter's intent and the rabbit hole of reality that is a their fella, i can only praise the success of propaganda. The repetition; the big screen; fabulous sound system; 24/7...it drives the point home...there's no cutting through it. reminds me of multi-level marketing schemes in its bland appeal.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

President Bush wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:23 pm
The indictment of former President Donald Trump for conduct involving the alleged concealment of hush money payments to benefit a presidential campaign raises the question whether his case is being treated like other cases. That question is fundamental to ensuring the equal application of the law and protecting free and fair elections. In this essay and accompanying table of cases (the “Table”), we analyze 17 analogous campaign finance and related prosecutions in the State of New York and nationally. Our research shows that third-party payments covertly made to benefit a candidate are routinely and successfully prosecuted as campaign finance violations in New York and elsewhere under a variety of state and federal statutes.

https://www.justsecurity.org/85745/surv ... campaigns/
Did Meadmaker bring up ancillary crimes on the prior page, issues having nothing to do with the subject of Trump's felony convictions, that is, grounding bookkeeping/records felony charges on campaign finance violations?

ugh.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

Admin wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:13 am
Meadmaker wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:19 am I think something similar might be happening now. We'll see.
I'm certain that's what's happening.

The trial and conviction have hardened Trumpistas' resolve to vote, while Biden's core supporters are saying "Why bother?"

The closer we get to election date, the more convinced I am Trump will win.

I wouldn't want to be Ukraine when it happens.
If Trump's thirty four felony convictions are such a help in polling... why the fuck aren't there Republican plans to hurry up and get the trials for his other fifty four criminal indictments underway?
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

President Bush wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:46 am
Admin wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 10:13 am
Meadmaker wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:19 am I think something similar might be happening now. We'll see.
I'm certain that's what's happening.

The trial and conviction have hardened Trumpistas' resolve to vote, while Biden's core supporters are saying "Why bother?"

The closer we get to election date, the more convinced I am Trump will win.

I wouldn't want to be Ukraine when it happens.
If Trump's thirty four felony convictions are such a help in polling... why the fuck aren't there Republican plans to hurry up and get the trials for his other fifty four criminal indictments underway?
I think The Atheist is just calling 'em like he sees 'em. And a bunch of other people see it the same way.

You are probably also calling 'em like you see 'em, and there are indeed some people who see this convication as a serious blow to his campaign. I guess we'll see at the polls. I think I'll see if Nate Silver is posting anything about this. I haven't heard anything from him yet.

By the way, I am not certain I understood the point of your previous post, but unless there's an ancillary crime, there's no felony. It didn't have to be campaign finance laws. The judge says the jury could pick from three options, and they didn't have to agree on which ancillary crime was involved.

I've heard a lot of lawyers say that is one thing that ought to be included in Trump's appeal.

ETA: Silver says slight gains for Biden sinsce Thursday.
grayman

Post by grayman »

Jaws scene with Trump dialogue:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPRK7oTuL/
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

grayman wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:03 am Jaws scene with Trump dialogue:

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZPRK7oTuL/
thanks gman...
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

Meadmaker wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 1:32 am
President Bush wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:46 am If Trump's thirty four felony convictions are such a help in polling... why the fuck aren't there Republican plans to hurry up and get the trials for his other fifty four criminal indictments underway?
I think The Atheist is just calling 'em like he sees 'em. And a bunch of other people see it the same way.

You are probably also calling 'em like you see 'em, and there are indeed some people who see this convication as a serious blow to his campaign. I guess we'll see at the polls. I think I'll see if Nate Silver is posting anything about this. I haven't heard anything from him yet.

By the way, I am not certain I understood the point of your previous post, but unless there's an ancillary crime, there's no felony. It didn't have to be campaign finance laws. The judge says the jury could pick from three options, and they didn't have to agree on which ancillary crime was involved.

I've heard a lot of lawyers say that is one thing that ought to be included in Trump's appeal.

ETA: Silver says slight gains for Biden sinsce Thursday.
How does ChatGPT weigh in?
YOU

ChatGPT
As of my last update, there were no verified reports of Donald Trump facing any felony convictions or criminal indictments. However, if there were such allegations, the decision to pursue trials would depend on various factors, including the legal process, evidence, and the decisions of law enforcement agencies and prosecutors. It's essential to rely on accurate information and due process when discussing legal matters involving public figures. If there were credible allegations, it would be up to the relevant authorities to investigate and decide whether to pursue charges.
stanky

Post by stanky »

shouldn't chat gpt make up stuff when it doesn't know something?
Like humans.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

stanky wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:57 am shouldn't chat gpt make up stuff when it doesn't know something?
Like humans.
Used to be, ideally, what one would get back from online searches would be stuff that encouraged you to think, to help you search more. Now, thanks to shitty AI it's often utter bullshit and presented as a definitive answer.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I'm not sure AI has anything like the power to understand the infinite stupidity of Americans.