Headlines that signal that the story will be misleading and/or stupid

Start here
stanky

Re: Headlines that signal that the story will be misleading and/or stupid

Post by stanky »

arthwollipot wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2024 3:34 am You realise that when he talks about "saving children" he's talking about pizzagate and Qanon, right?
He was talking about seed oils and sugar and their prevalence in our grocery stores, and the verifiable damage they do and the reason for the subsidies. No pizza mentioned.

How about the U.S. stealing Madura's Airplane and taking it to Florida! Did our new president sign off on this or did the old one who's still president? Or was it the edict of one of many spy organizations that aren't accountable and have no allegiance to any cause? Watch it become a non-story:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/exclusive-us ... 45640.html
stanky

Post by stanky »

Sure enough. This unprecedented act of aggression towards Venezuela has been avoided by the msm.
It's nothing. Imagine if they had taken our President's plane. This is bullying. The term "sanctions" is a broad excuse for anti-social behavior.

As Harris keeps leaning rightward, Trump is making left-sounding gestures, like more abortion time frame; legal pot; environmental sympathy via his embrace of 'Bobby', whom believes in climate change and science in general.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

We have all seen these. I hate them just because of the click-bait nature:

Nasa issues alert for stadium-sized asteroid approaching Earth tomorrow

I won't bother reading the article, because I'm sure we all know the general outline of the contents. "A really big rock is going to come somwwhere within a million miles of Earth tomorrow. Nasa knows exactly where it is and where it's going, and there is zero percent chance it will hit anything, now or in the next thousand years."

But since you're herr.....could you clock on this ad for Lithuanian women looking for husbands?

What bugs me about these articles is the use of "alert". Nasa hasn't issued any alert, by any meaningful definition of the term, for whaterver this object is. They have it in their database. That's it. Maybe they have some list where they say "Big rock passing Earth today", so that amateur telescope enthusiats can point in the hopes of catching it in their 'scopes/