Headlines that signal that the story will be misleading and/or stupid

Start here
stanky

Re: Headlines that signal that the story will be misleading and/or stupid

Post by stanky »

cheap shots at Bernie. Vermont is super liberal and mostly forested. They have guns like Canadian's have guns.
Bernie has flaws but he's as legit as allowable and has been progressive relentlessly. He's as close to a social democrat as you'll find here in office.

rfk jr polls higher numbers than you've suggested. could be a surprise. bit of a wild card.
as per the constant hostility, i don't have a horse in the election. Given it up. The horse is corruption, making the rest mostly theater.

no decency in assassination by media, and should raise eyebrows for fans of democratic elections.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

Admin wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 8:01 pm
stanky wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2024 3:44 am Bernie was always Bernie.
So, he was always a fuckwit?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bernie_Sa ... al_justice
Oh, ok. From your link:
During his first year in the House, Sanders often alienated allies and colleagues with his criticism of both political parties as working primarily on behalf of the wealthy. In 1991, he co-founded the Congressional Progressive Caucus, a group of mostly liberal Democrats that he chaired for its first eight years, while still refusing to join the Democratic Party or caucus.

In 2005, Rolling Stone called Sanders the "amendment king" for his ability to get more roll call amendments passed than any other congressman during the period since 1995, when Congress was entirely under Republican control. Being an independent allowed him to form coalitions across party lines.

In 1999, Sanders voted and advocated against rolling back the Glass–Steagall legislation provisions that kept investment banks and commercial banks separate entities. He was a vocal critic of Federal Reserve Chair Alan Greenspan; in June 2003, during a question-and-answer discussion, Sanders told him he was concerned that he was "way out of touch" and "that you see your major function in your position as the need to represent the wealthy and large corporations."

Concerned by high breast cancer rates in Vermont, on February 7, 1992, Sanders sponsored the Cancer Registries Amendment Act to establish cancer registries to collect data on cancer. Senator Patrick Leahy introduced a companion bill in the Senate on October 2, 1992. The Senate bill was passed by the House on October 6 and signed into law by President George H. W. Bush on October 24, 1992.

Sanders was a consistent critic of the Patriot Act. As a member of Congress, he voted against the original Patriot Act legislation.After its 357–66 passage in the House, he sponsored and voted for several subsequent amendments and acts attempting to curtail its effectsand voted against each reauthorization. In June 2005, he proposed an amendment to limit Patriot Act provisions that allow the government to obtain individuals' library and book-buying records. The amendment passed the House by a bipartisan majority but was removed on November 4 of that year in House–Senate negotiations and never became law.

Sanders voted against the resolutions authorizing the use of force against Iraq in 1991 and 2002, and he opposed the 2003 invasion of Iraq. He voted for the 2001 Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Terrorists that has been cited as the legal justification for controversial military actions since the September 11 attacks. He especially opposed the Bush administration's decision to start a war unilaterally.
Oh, and then he became a Senator.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

If you're not on edge, you're taking up too much space.
sparks

Post by sparks »

Cheesy if mildly amusing cartoon, but that's not the way it works. And I believe you know that, but you've taken a position and now you have to stand it.

Have fun!
stanky

Post by stanky »

for those whom desire progress, there are available avenues that are non-political.
In fact, partisan politics is where idealism and creativity go to die. How one votes is of minute significance, relatively. If i thought that Biden or Trump had any influence on my fate, i'd jump into a volcano.

or try to ride a great white shark.
(depending on the winner)
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

stanky wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 4:13 amIf i thought that Biden or Trump had any influence on my fate, i'd jump into a volcano.
Really.
If you're not on edge, you're taking up too much space.
President Bush

Post by President Bush »

arthwollipot wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 7:22 am
stanky wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2024 4:13 amIf i thought that Biden or Trump had any influence on my fate, i'd jump into a volcano.
Really.
stanky'll get erupted out eventually.