ISF Death Clock

Start here
arthwollipot

Re: ISF Death Clock

Post by arthwollipot »

The ISF database is notoriously unstable. There have been problems in the past, pre-Icerat.
If you're not on edge, you're taking up too much space.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

What are the odds he gets the forum back up and says he's moving to paid subscriptions for members?
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

arthwollipot wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2024 10:17 pm The ISF database is notoriously unstable. There have been problems in the past, pre-Icerat.
All databases are - they're not designed to be fucked with, they're designed to hold and retrieve information. Shermer almost killed SC trying to delete Abdul's posts when he got worried "they" night come and get him for his anti-left shit.

I'm definitely interested to see the results of three whole days offline.
Meadmaker

Post by Meadmaker »

I signed up over at Skeptical Community. I've left a few posts, but I guess I'm on probationary status, and my posts have to be approved.

One of the things I like about forums is finding out how people respond to specific arguments. For that to work, there has to be the right sort of people in attendance. When last I was at ISF, the conservatives had mostly been pushed out, so there wasn't much in the way of folks to reply. Here, of course, there are only a handful of people at all, and not exactly a wide range of opinion, so not much help here.SkepCom seems to have some knee jerk conservatives that are active. I want to see which direction their knees jerk.

Realistically, though, based on my previous experience, they'll just dodge. However, sometimes how they dodge can be illuminating as well.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Meadmaker wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2024 1:33 amSkepCom seems to have some knee jerk conservatives that are active. I want to see which direction their knees jerk.
Haha!

Just a couple, yeah.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

I see ISF has gone from "Undergoing maintenance" to a simple Bad Gateway.

Whether that's good or bad, I don't know, but something happened.
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

International Skeptics
18 hours ago
·
The forum will likely be offline for at least another day. A hopefully final database import to the new forum software is underway, it takes approx 12 hours. This will be followed by testing and customisations.
When released, expect some things to be broken.
https://www.facebook.com/internationals ... bZ5KMAm8fl
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

Very informative.

The thing that would annoy me most if I'd given him money, is that he talks a lot of crap and nothing ever happens. This is 18 months ago: https://www.facebook.com/internationals ... 54cRmgxz2l

Significant server upgrade and the forum has had by far the most problems ever since then.

We'll see.

Maybe...
arthwollipot

Post by arthwollipot »

I'm hoping that this update will at least remove the block on non-member access.
Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin »

arthwollipot wrote: Tue Oct 22, 2024 12:39 am I'm hoping that this update will at least remove the block on non-member access.
I'm sure it will - there wouldn't be much point otherwise.

I see there's been an update to the finish time to" "When it's done".